SaltCritters.com

NRF's MAXeffort- now powered by nanobox :)

Needreefunds

Hmm, it should be growing quickly. It did when you first got it started. Is it bright yellow or brown yellow? If it is brown yellow, it can use more light.

Color is great! You are correct, it grew very fast early on. But it has been just sort of hanging on these past few months. There is a digi leather in here also. Perhaps some chemi-warfare?

I am working on cleaning up the sump / filtration on that tank and we shall see how that helps.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Color is great! You are correct, it grew very fast early on. But it has been just sort of hanging on these past few months. There is a digi leather in here also. Perhaps some chemi-warfare?

I am working on cleaning up the sump / filtration on that tank and we shall see how that helps.

Mine grew very fast until it basically filled its area - i must be 8 inches around now. Then it stopped. It doesn't help that an RBTA drapes its tentacles over one side of it all day long :) So far the fiji puts up with it.

All those new carbon and phosphate reactors will help for sure!

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful clowns.

Once I get my own upgrade going, I may look into getting a pair of those from a local place that captive breeds them. Lucky for me they just bought my LFS!

What's that sps in the middle of the second pic?

Looks pretty, whatever it is.

How are you liking the look and functionality of this tank so far?

Needreefunds

Thanks everyone!

Kim, that was the smile of a humble reefer :lol:

Beautiful clowns.

Once I get my own upgrade going, I may look into getting a pair of those from a local place that captive breeds them. Lucky for me they just bought my LFS!

What's that sps in the middle of the second pic?

How are you liking the look and functionality of this tank so far?

Thanks L,

One clown is an ORA the other is wild caught. They seem rather happy together so far.

Not sure on the SPS ID yet Weets, saw it laying on the frag rack at a shop and picked it up. Has colored up nicely already.

Like the tank, customer service is lousy though. Like most Tanks you DIY and customize to suit yur needs. I love the look though. Stand is sweet as well.

Needreefunds
RICHIE!!!! The tank looks awesome those clowns are so cool.

Thanks Randy!

Finally decided on some fish. Gotta love black clowns. :happy:

( besides, didn't have eight hundy to drop on a couple snowflakes )

:lol:

Do your clowns have something wrong with them? Like Michael Jackson disease? They are losing color on their faces

Needreefunds
lol Michael Jackson disease

Heee hee! mamma se mamma sa mamma coo sa :mellow:

...doing the crotch grab while typing that?? :huh:

Needreefunds
The moon walk :P

:bowdown:

Great clowns BRO!!! :haha:

Everything sure is lookin' good!

Thanks Buddy.

Getting closer to the upgrade swap??

richie mann, lookin awesome bro!!! and like everyone else sai, the clowns are a saaweeet addition!!!

i lolz at the michael jackson comment!!

cant wait to see some more bro!!

good luckz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needreefunds
richie mann, lookin awesome bro!!! and like everyone else sai, the clowns are a saaweeet addition!!!

i lolz at the michael jackson comment!!

cant wait to see some more bro!!

good luckz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Mark!

Thanks Buddy, OK here..

025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

It was my better half's B day yesterday. We went out to a Japanese steak house. Wouldn't ya know I had to go right past a LFS on the way home? picked up this fella

In all the years of salt, that's mah first cleaner shrimp. lol. Always had CBS before. Funny how it already will climb right on my hand.

Hey, stop it. I know it was her birthday. BUT, i actually I drove past TWO lfs, I only stopped in one. -_- so points for that methinks. :P

Nice clowns. Their MJ noses will fade to pitch black as they grow up. Just the opposite of MJ :)

Mine quite spawing since XMas. The male sometimes gets ran out of the RBTA and has to sleep in the fiji or candy cane. Not sure what he did wrong.....

Needreefunds
Nice clowns. Their MJ noses will fade to pitch black as they grow up. Just the opposite of MJ :)

Mine quite spawing since XMas. The male sometimes gets ran out of the RBTA and has to sleep in the fiji or candy cane. Not sure what he did wrong.....

:lol: :lol:

I really love these little guys. I have the Maroon pair, OC pair, and these. All are quite beautiful, but who would have thought the black and white would look so stunning against the colors of the reef? Very sharp if I do say so myself. :P

My Maroon male was in the dog house for over a year. They have since reconciled and are hosting some of your yellow palys. :D

Needreefunds
.......What's that sps in the middle of the second pic?

Yellow Turbinaria?

029r.jpg

Happy to report most of the SPS frags on the wall are encrusting the glue and rock already. This only makes me want more, naturally. Been wanting a ORA red planet, but.......

Also had a frag of orange yumas that I put in here from the 46. I trimmed all bryopsis from the edges. cut the rock away. Scrubbed the rock in between. All for naught as I watched in horror as the killer B sprouted up all in between the mushies :o:angry::o

You can see it here, lower left

025-1.jpg

As is the case in my 46 bow, I also watched one of the emeralds start to pick at the branches.

That frag is totally clean today. :happydance:

I know they have a reputation for being possibly destructive, but most of the emeralds I have are good inhabitants who go about cleaning frags and rock work happily. I did have one a while back who would pick at polyps, but this stopped when I started adding some crab pellets now and then.

dassall for now folks. :happy:

Archived