Coral Vue Hydros

Ehiem Wt Dry....gurgling!

Lebowski_

Hey guys,

Recently inherited an Ehiem Wt Dry. I love it but the thing just won't stop GURGLING out of the breather hose. Anyone have any tips for shutting it up? It is driving me insane.

I am going to try and buy more tubing tomorrow and make it longer, but the filter is already 2 inches from the ground, I can't see how lowering it a bit is going to stop it.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Recently inherited an Ehiem Wt Dry. I love it but the thing just won't stop GURGLING out of the breather hose. Anyone have any tips for shutting it up? It is driving me insane.

I am going to try and buy more tubing tomorrow and make it longer, but the filter is already 2 inches from the ground, I can't see how lowering it a bit is going to stop it.

Thanks!

I've had one of these for a few years on my cichlid tank. The only time it gurgles is when the breather tube is not draining properly. Make sure that the breather tube does not allow a spot that's allowing water to collect in the tube. Maybe you can shorten the tube to prevent this or move it to a different spot that prevents the water from collecting in the tube....but of course remember that it has to be above to water level. If that's not the issue, then the gurgling is coming from within the filter itself and I have no idea what could be causing that.

--AJ

Archived