Pod Your Reef

LBeezy's 8gal. Biocube

LBeezy

Looking good, Lbeezy! :)

Thanks, Phixion! I'm lovin my tank. I think I'm running out of room. I have to allow for things to grow in now. It's crazy how much I'm into this hobby. I can now understand how people get so passionate about them - they're so nice to look at after a crazy day at work, with everything swaying to and fro.

Question - if I have a small feather duster growing at the base of a spreading zooanthid, will it eventually pull up and move to a different spot, or will it just get smothered? I'm really hoping it moves because it's got really beautiful colors on it.

Hmm....it might be time to start up the 14g while letting the 8g grow in. Mwaaahahahaha...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your welcome! Itotally know what you mean. My first SW tank over 3 years ago was an Aquapod 12g that Igot a killer deal on from my LFS. I only had it 6 months before I outgrew and upgraded to my current Finnex 30g tank! Now that might be over packed! :scarry: In any event, I set up a 2nd tank which is a 10g custom AIO and I love them both, lol! They are very nice to look at after a long day at work, and I'm totally passionate about my tanks!

As for the feather duster, I don't know much about them myself so Ican't provide any help on that unfortunately. :( I'd imagine it might, but I'm wondering if you could relocate it yourself too... Eitherway, good luck! B)

ihatesears18
Your welcome! Itotally know what you mean. My first SW tank over 3 years ago was an Aquapod 12g that Igot a killer deal on from my LFS. I only had it 6 months before I outgrew and upgraded to my current Finnex 30g tank! Now that might be over packed! :scarry: In any event, I set up a 2nd tank which is a 10g custom AIO and I love them both, lol! They are very nice to look at after a long day at work, and I'm totally passionate about my tanks!

As for the feather duster, I don't know much about them myself so Ican't provide any help on that unfortunately. :( I'd imagine it might, but I'm wondering if you could relocate it yourself too... Eitherway, good luck! B)

Looks great! Now if I can only battle off the cyano and find some ricordia locally i'll be on my way as well!

So, just curious, how's the poker monti?

The tank looks great. Your rockscape reminds me of mine, only...well, good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. I think the whole impending smothering of the zoas is making the little guy drop his crown. Hopefully, he'll move before it gets the eviction notice!

Looks great! Now if I can only battle off the cyano and find some ricordia locally i'll be on my way as well!

I'm sure with some water changes and stuff, the cyano should be history. I know it can be a pain to battle, but this hobby is so worth it. Stick with it, and I'm sure that everything will be ok. fingerscrossed

By the way, your tank is looking really good! I hope you find some rics soon! I love mine. They eat like pigs. ;)

So, just curious, how's the poker monti?

The tank looks great. Your rockscape reminds me of mine, only...well, good.

Aww, thanks. It totally reminds me of the Matterhorn at Disneyland...like I said, if I can find a mini-yeti and mini rollercoaster that's reef-safe, it'd be so ON! Hahaha.

As for the monti, it's not faring well because one of my ballasts went out for a while. The tank was running on the 18watts of the daylight bulb for a little bit. I've gotten a replacement ballast, but it's not doing too well. I'm hoping to get my 14g. biocube up with a 70w sunpod soon to try to revive it, but I dunno. Oh, well. I got the monti frag for free as a lil experiment. It's still a little colored, but I know that the 36w isn't going to be enough. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Updated FTS

reef425.jpg

Please ignore the maroon. That bad boy is getting evicted. It was a present from a thoughtful friend, but it's not suitable for my 8g.

Also, I found some mini-carpets and was able to score 3 for $20! Plus the guy gave me two heads of frogspawn for free. Score! omgomgomg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived