ReefCleaners.org

LBeezy's 8gal. Biocube

LBeezy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice! love looking at the before and after pic's, what a Difference!! :o

Thanks! I'm surprised at how much of a difference it is too!

Looking good, I also have a BC 8, mines pretty new as well.

I love your rockwork! Isn't it exciting? So, what are your stocking plans? Any fish? I'm wondering if I can get a clown, a hi fin goby, and pistol shrimp without too much bioload. Any thoughts?

that's one nice cube. i would add a few more zoas and just sit back and let em grow in.

Thanks! I recently just added a few more zoas, a couple of favia, and the LFS gave me a frag of Reverse Pokerstar Monti for free - they were telling me to try it since they've had success under T5s. I hesitated, but they gave it to me for free....why not, right? I think now I'm going to let it grow in, at least until the local frag swap. :)

Question for everyone - if I glue the frags down (because my CUC keeps knocking things down), it's pretty permanent, right? How do I frag things if they're glued? I know it's a silly noob question, but hey...I gotta ask, right?

Looks like you're off to a good start.

Be very cautious with GSP and Anthellia -- once they grab ahold of live rock, they can spread like crazy and quickly cover more space in your tank than you probably want them to. I'd suggest keeping both frags isolated in the sand bed, then you can prune them back whenever necessary.

Enjoy!

Good pics! I love the black sand in the tank! :)

Thanks, Phixion and Joel! The support is definitely much appreciated! Being a noob at this, it's a little scary but the feedback is helping me to become more confident. :grouphug:

I added a few more items to my tank since the last pics. Yay! I'm really excited that I found a Tyree toadstool frag for $15! woo hoo!

So I found a lil bit o' aiptasia, and I went out and got some peppermint shrimp earlier in the week. As I was putting my new additions in yesterday, a shrimp climbed onto my arm. The moment I thought, "awww...how cute," the little bugger started pinching the heck out of me. Hahaha. Oh, well. You live and you learn.

Tank is looking good. Nice rock scape and i like how the xenia and the gsp are covering the sand.

Adolfo

Thanks, Adolfo! I got the toadstool at your place of work yesterday. :) Hope to meet you in April!

I like the cave in the middle, you should find some kind of fish to hide in it lol... :)

Hahaha. Absolutely. My bf keeps asking me when I'm going to put a fish in there too. I'm currently waiting for my hi-fin banded goby and pistol shrimp to arrive. I wanted to let them get acclimated and find their spot. After they've picked out their areas, I'll be adding a small b/w clown. I'm really excited to get fish in there, but I'm taking my time so I don't freak anything out. :happy:

Carlton'sTank

Tank looks good so far. I would think of maybe a different fish than a clown. B&W clowns are awesome but that guy/gal will outgrow that tank fast. Other people keep those fish in 8 gallon tanks but I would look into some type of clown goby. Excited to see the high-fin pistol combo. keep up the good work.

Thanks! I'm going to be purchasing a 14g. Biocube this week (totally addicted now) and I think I'll be eventually putting the clown in there. Probably will just keep it in the 8g. for a few months until the 14g. is stable and ready to go.

My goodness...I just reread what I typed, and I can't believe I'm already getting another tank! Yes, the reef bug has bitten me squarely in the butt. :o

lol, we all get a 2nd tank eventually! :P That happened to me as well!! Then you want one at work eventually, lol! Anyways, the BC14 will be good to play with, more space for one!

• 2 weeks later...

Updated FTS:

DSCN3874.jpg

I think I'm okay with stocking it for now. Gotta let it all grow in. Woo hoo!

But...if I can find some mini carpet nems, I think I can make a little room. Hehe.

Let me know what you think. :)

Archived