Pod Your Reef

My 12g, 30g, 34g, and 125g Tank Combo Thread !

bbales

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

POST MOVING PICTURES!!!!!

NO CASULTIES! HOORAY!!!!

AHAHA.jpg

6y.jpg

Harlequins get a starfish

13s.jpg

12d.jpg

my first fragging

11.jpg

9-2.jpg

8i.jpg

5t.jpg

4r.jpg

So we decided to break up the montipora and stack them by gluing them to the back wall hopefully it works well

3e.jpg

2w.jpg

Let me know what you think!

looks great! i'll be interested to see what gluing those monti frags along the back looks like when it grows in a bit more. congrats on a successful move

looks great! i'll be interested to see what gluing those monti frags along the back looks like when it grows in a bit more. congrats on a successful move

Thanks yea you and me both, it def needs some coralline growth over the white glue but hopefully it works

Good to see all went smoothly for you.

The tank still looks awesome B)

Great job!

:)

Thanks yo!

• 2 weeks later...

So I wont be posting for a month because I am home in MD for the summer, so my boyfriend is stuck taking care of the tank and lets just say hes not going to be taking any photos for updates, anyways should be awesome to see the growth in a month.

ALSO, great news

This weekend my boyfriend is purchasing a 125g tank OMigoodness! it will have 3 250W metalhalides with 4 actinics and 4 lunar lights, 2 corner overflows, a sump with a refugium, pure awesomeness, I will post some pics of my not so nano baby when im back down in FL in about a month cheerio!

• 5 weeks later...

I AM BACK!

So I am currently on vacation! however, only an hour south of my boyfriends (where I live during the school year, and also where all of my 4 tanks are). So saturday we went on a search to find a sandsifter star fish to feed the harlequins and in doing so came across some great sale prices on the new tongue/slipper coral and pipe organ coral, while I was in maryland he also added to the RSM a black sun coral, a gonipora, a new trumpet coral, a new montipora frag, and a couple other small things. It is soo lovely to go away from your tank for a month and then come back and not only is it healthy, but you can really notice the new growth. for instance, the GSP is growing onto the sand, the blue anthelia has now compleley covered the plug, the xenia is taking over (need to trim) and the monti we broke up into three pieces has grown nicely as well, new zoas are popping up, as well as mushrooms etc.

In the 12g my frags have grown in nicely, my mantis still hasnt killed the damsel haha.

ALSO!!!!

As I included pics of the 125g we are currently working on getting in tip top shape, we have been doing a lot of research and have decided that we want to try the LED thing. SO... we are selling the two lighting fixtures that came with the tank, let me know if you are in the Tampa Bay area and are interested in either

http://www.marineandreef.com/Outer_Orbit_7..._p/rcu01044.htm

http://www.marineandreef.com/Lunar_Aqualig..._p/res53409.htm

well let me know what you think

RSM

02.jpg

011.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

12g

03.jpg

125g

01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
LED lighting on a 125 is going to be major $$$ 125's are deep wide and long.

Yeah the LED's proved to be a little to much $$$ so i ended up going with a Nova Extreme Pro T5 setup instead...now i just need to figure out what bulbs i want to put in it and ill be good to go

• 4 weeks later...

New pics of my RSM!!!!!!

o-1.jpg

p-1.jpg

q-1.jpg

r-1.jpg

s-1.jpg

t-1.jpg

u.jpg

v.jpg

w.jpg

and .......... my not so nano 125! This tank is still in the process of being stocked both with fish and corals, unfortunately our fish have ich, and we are currently trying to get a hospital tank for them

inhabitants include:

purple tang

desjardin sailfin tang

blue hippo/ regal tang

2 cleaner shrimp

an extensive cleanup crew

rose tip bubble anemone

green saddle back anemone

huggggge scroll coral

mutated frogspawn

superman monti

green monti

zoas

and some frags and corals from my rsm

xenia

gsp

duncan

slipper/tounge

gonipora

blue anthelia

galaxea

1-4.jpg

3-4.jpg

2-5.jpg

a-2.jpg

b-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

d-1.jpg

e-1.jpg

f-1.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

m-1.jpg

n-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy! give me some feedback please!

WOW! You have some beautiful coral. You are the first person I have seen here with trumpet coral like mine(although I havent read every single thread lol). Is there only one monti left on the glass? Thats what it looked like. How did they do up there?

WOW! You have some beautiful coral. You are the first person I have seen here with trumpet coral like mine(although I havent read every single thread lol). Is there only one monti left on the glass? Thats what it looked like. How did they do up there?

thankyou! yeah i like that trumpet, it was almost dead when i got it now its splitting new headds all the time! and yes only one monti is left on the glass unfortunately the others fell and ive been too lazy to reglue them, they have done great tho, and the one that is still up there has really grown a nice rim. i think the other pieces were just too heavy so maybe ill put them in the larger tank wedged between some rocks or something

• 1 month later...

So heres some much due updates, TONS of pics, let me know what you think! Will prlly be posting more soon because we have a box lot of SPS coming in Monday <3 15 huge colonies!

34g Red Sea Max

Full Tank Shot

aquarium165.jpg

Ricordea

aquarium149.jpg

aquarium150.jpg

Zoas

aquarium153.jpg

Bubble Tip Nem and False Perc

aquarium154.jpg

Upper Region

aquarium160.jpg

aquarium075.jpg

Montipora glued on wall

aquarium170.jpg

Zoas

aquarium172.jpg

aquarium072.jpg

Pipe Organ Gorgonian etc.

aquarium074.jpg

Harlequin

aquarium082.jpg

Starry Blenny in Tyree Toadstool

aquarium021.jpg

aquarium162-1.jpg

125g AGA

Full Tank Shot

aquarium132-1.jpg

Eagle Eyes

aquarium128.jpg

Duncan

aquarium129.jpg

Marvin the Desjardin Sailfin Tang

aquarium133.jpg

The Purple Tang

aquarium144.jpg

Black Percs

aquarium179.jpg

Acans

aquarium200.jpg

aquarium206.jpg

Skunk Clown

aquarium118.jpg

aquarium027.jpg

Daisy Polyps

aquarium057.jpg

Palys and Acro

aquarium063.jpg

Zoas and Blue Anthelia

aquarium067.jpg

aquarium106.jpg

aquarium107.jpg

Mushrooms

aquarium094.jpg

SPS

aquarium105.jpg

Montipora

aquarium114.jpg

Clam

aquarium115.jpg

12g Eclipse

Full Tank Shot

aquarium198.jpg

=)

Awesome tanks! All of your corals are looking great. Love the Acans. Are you just working on filling up the 12g with stuff? It looks like you have quite a few urchins in there, you must move them around depending on which tank has algae?

Awesome tanks! All of your corals are looking great. Love the Acans. Are you just working on filling up the 12g with stuff? It looks like you have quite a few urchins in there, you must move them around depending on which tank has algae?

Thanks! the 12g is just a tank where I keep my mantis shrimp, damsel, urchins (pencil, white, purple), and things I find in tampa bay like a stone crab, and conch's etc. the urchins are awesome but they are only in this tank because while they do eat bad algae, they also eat good algae, so there is no purple coralline algae left in the 12g. The 34g is maxed out, so thats where the 125g comes into play, and we are still working on filling it, got a box lot of 15 sps colonies comming on monday!! Also we have a 30 breeder frag tank that is up and running, just waiting on the lighting for that. I have a bunch of frags ready to go in my 125, that ive trimmed out of the various aquariums, just need to start selling them and such to make back the money from all this =x haha

wow great shots man, i love that your rsm is filled with coral growth as opposed to just a bunch of coral frags. love to see tanks with some age in them. great shots of everything.

wow great shots man, i love that your rsm is filled with coral growth as opposed to just a bunch of coral frags. love to see tanks with some age in them. great shots of everything.

Thanks!

So I don't havea any pics up just yet, but my boyfriend and I got in 15 sps colonies from bali on monday =) Really nice colors and shapes. My green bubble tip in the RSM split! Its so cute, the clowns are each hosting their own separate nem, now just if my rbta would split its about a foot in diameter! The newest addition to the tank line up is up and running, the 30g breeder frag tank, home to my favorite fish Kenny, a clown wartskin frogfish <3 hes sooo cute! the only other fish in this tank (as kenny would eat anything im sure) is 2 gulf pipefish =) cuties. Anyways when i get the chance I will post more pics, but its been difficult lately since my computer is quickly deteriorating (laptop+liquids=very bad) and my camera is horrible at correcting for the white balance and lights in the aquariums. The frag tank is filling up pretty quickly, need to sell some! let me know if you are in the tampa bay area (as i have not yet tried shipping) and are interested in anything you see in this thread, most of it can be/ has been/ or needs to be fragged.

Archived