SaltCritters.com

My 12g, 30g, 34g, and 125g Tank Combo Thread !

bbales

RSM is coming along nicely

Both of these two are very cute

IMGP0555.jpg

+10000000000000000000 and the turtle is cool too.

and tank is looking GREAT love the fogspawn. how many heads is that?

love your scape too. it makes mine look like a pile of rocks...

yours

E.jpg

mine

DSC_0008-4.jpg

not a very recent pic but.

tank looks great.

gona go change my scape

corey!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yours

E.jpg

mine

DSC_0008-4.jpg

tank looks great.

gona go change my scape

corey!

Thanks! yeah It took me a long time before I was satisfied with the scape, I have two different frogspawns one is brown with green tips the other green with purple/pink tips each one prlly like 5 or so heads? they are all splitting so not really sure,like i said got them for like 30 a piece from a guy on craigslist so good deal, seriously just redo your scape if ur not happy ull appreciate it so much more, but it is a hassle especially if u have corals, anyways thanks and good luck! happy reefing=)

yours

E.jpg

mine

DSC_0008-4.jpg

tank looks great.

gona go change my scape

corey!

Thanks! yeah It took me a long time before I was satisfied with the scape, I have two different frogspawns one is brown with green tips the other green with purple/pink tips each one prlly like 5 or so heads? they are all splitting so not really sure,like i said got them for like 30 a piece from a guy on craigslist so good deal, seriously just redo your scape if ur not happy ull appreciate it so much more, but it is a hassle especially if u have corals, anyways thanks and good luck! happy reefing=)

i might mess with it tomorrow. and yea the coral are what made it hard. i got some puddy so i gota take it apart and make it more stable any way. and i was talking about the frogspawn up in the top left. with the green tips

i might mess with it tomorrow. and yea the coral are what made it hard. i got some puddy so i gota take it apart and make it more stable any way. and i was talking about the frogspawn up in the top left. with the green tips

thats like 5 heads, 2 main branches one with 3 one with 2 heads, my clowns are starting to host them :)

thats like 5 heads, 2 main branches one with 3 one with 2 heads, my clowns are starting to host them :)

i got 1 head of hammer i hope my clowns will host in once it gets bigger. do you feed it of just let it do its thing?

i got 1 head of hammer i hope my clowns will host in once it gets bigger. do you feed it of just let it do its thing?

I squirt all my corals with coral frenzy like 2x a week, but i really dont think i need to, they should be fine under good lighting without food, and i bet your clowns will host it, just got to make sure they dont hurt it by pushing its soft parts against its hard skelleton ya know...

I squirt all my corals with coral frenzy like 2x a week, but i really dont think i need to, they should be fine under good lighting without food, and i bet your clowns will host it, just got to make sure they dont hurt it by pushing its soft parts against its hard skelleton ya know...

yea. still gota get the clowns lol. im picking up marine snow ... cant remember if thats the name. and ill use that once a week.

yea. still gota get the clowns lol. im picking up marine snow ... cant remember if thats the name. and ill use that once a week.

yeah i heard a lot of ppl like to use that, sounds like a plan let me know how things go for you!

IME, marine snow is mostly water. There are other foods out there if you feel your corals need to be fed. Mainly they need light and good water quality ie changes.

IME, marine snow is mostly water. There are other foods out there if you feel your corals need to be fed. Mainly they need light and good water quality ie changes.

i was reading the ingredients to day and that was the first thing. stevie what do you recommend?

if i were to feed them

Man I cant believe I never thought to get corals off craigslist. Those look great. Tampa Reef Club is a good idea by the way, they have their own forum on reefcentral. Its definitely a good way to pick up some nice frags and see some really amazing tanks. As good as nanos can look theres just something about a mature 210g that is mesmerizing. Ive been meaning to join for a while but have just been a little intimidated about being like half the age of most of those guys.

i was reading the ingredients to day and that was the first thing. stevie what do you recommend?

if i were to feed them

DTs is popular. I mainly feed mine light and water changes

Man I cant believe I never thought to get corals off craigslist. Those look great. Tampa Reef Club is a good idea by the way, they have their own forum on reefcentral. Its definitely a good way to pick up some nice frags and see some really amazing tanks. As good as nanos can look theres just something about a mature 210g that is mesmerizing. Ive been meaning to join for a while but have just been a little intimidated about being like half the age of most of those guys.

ha i feel the same way but i looked at some of the pictures of the meetings and i saw a few younger ppl, also my LFS (st pete marine) guy is like a board member and hes always begging me to come, i think it would be awesome to see some really nice reef tanks and share ideas etc. well hopefully ill see you at a meeting!

i LOVE your scolymia.....

i wants to add it to me collection :ninja:

doooooeiiiit

buccaneerreef

I stopped by St. Pete Marine today while in the area. Saw a lot of dead fish! Met the owner, talked about the Tampa Bay Reef Club, I may join and try to make it to the conference at the Florida Aquarium. IMO the Coral Corral is much nicer and has a wider, more appealing selection of coral, by far the nicest I have seen in the area. Again, only my opinion.

love the shrimp. i would keep them but my fish would eat them up in no time. he loves shrimp.

good call on setting up the 10 gallon while the rsm recovered, it looks great. good job.

I stopped by St. Pete Marine today while in the area. Saw a lot of dead fish! Met the owner, talked about the Tampa Bay Reef Club, I may join and try to make it to the conference at the Florida Aquarium. IMO the Coral Corral is much nicer and has a wider, more appealing selection of coral, by far the nicest I have seen in the area. Again, only my opinion.

yeah monday is when they get their new shipment in, usually the owners not there on a monday, but if u talked about the TBRC them it was def one of the owners, I just like them because they know our tank from day one ya know, but yea i def need to check that place out thanks!

love the shrimp. i would keep them but my fish would eat them up in no time. he loves shrimp.

good call on setting up the 10 gallon while the rsm recovered, it looks great. good job.

Thanks yea i absolutely love love love the devils, they currently are munchin on a sandsifter =x

and yea it was either i get it right or give up, but thanks!

if I used that logic I should have gave up awhile ago.... I've had a good bit of mishaps in this hobby. But I think I've worked out all the kinks now

if I used that logic I should have gave up awhile ago.... I've had a good bit of mishaps in this hobby. But I think I've worked out all the kinks now

THATS THE SPIRIT!

You've got some great color combinations in that tank! Looks good!

Good luck!

Thanks Im working on getting things that arent green now lol

So yet again I utilized craigslist for some awesome buys.

I purchased

-a closed brain

-a yellow watchman goby that has already invaded the pistol shrimps caves (he came as a LR hitchhiker) and the goby is thankfully a fish not intimidated by my devil spawn clownfish

-2 sexy shrimp that are microscopic, calling the frogspawn home

-a trumpet coral that has 2 heads that need some love and time to recover

-a yuma

-and some zoas

BTW: THANKYOU ALL WHO VOTED FOR MY PICTURE AS PICTURE OF THE MONTH!!!!

IMGP0882.jpg

IMGP0813.jpg

IMGP0876.jpg

IMGP0904.jpg

IMGP0885.jpg

IMGP0867.jpg

IMGP0905.jpg

and in my 12g

IMGP0898.jpg

and in my turtle tank

IMGP0893.jpg

please comment away!

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a stupid question but what do you type in to search for corals on craigslist cause everytime I search i only find stores advertising in the for sale section and never people selling stuff they have

Archived