Coral Vue Hydros

New deal.....my Elos Mini build

TighTT

Beautiful setup! Your making my decision on a new tank much more difficult!

A few questions, if I may..

What types of corals will the E-Light support? I read elsewhere that it may produce light equivalent to a 150w MH, is this true? Can you detail your ATO system a bit more? Does the sump provide a space for a refugium? And do you know if ELOS sells the base in different colors?

Right now I am looking at the Cadlights 22g/39g and this ELOS Mini system. Tough decisions here...

Thanks in advance!

-Carl

I've same question about the light and about corals...The base is very little just for the sump but not for the refugium too and the elos sells in different colors (lacked it's very expensive).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've same question about the light and about corals...The base is very little just for the sump but not for the refugium too and the elos sells in different colors (lacked it's very expensive).

I think I am going to shoot ELOS an e-mail with a few questions regarding the light. I will post the details here when I receive them.

-Carl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated pics....

The lights just came on before I snapped the pics...which is why the zoas still look sleepy.

New aquascape:

IMG_0226-vi.jpg

tank-vi.jpg

IMG_0229-vi.jpg

IMG_0240-vi.jpg

IMG_0242-vi.jpg

IMG_0237-vi.jpg

IMG_0232-vi.jpg

IMG_0247-vi.jpg

IMG_0248-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
How do you resolve about the micro- bubbles?

I do not have any idea and a solution.

tks

I can't figure it out either. It is really starting to drive me crazy. Such a simple setup, but still can't get rid of them.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Please ignore the fallen sps...its being nursed back to health.

I hate those black plastic frag plugs. They are impossible to find a spot on live rock to stick them in. They also dont stick into the sandbed well (at least for me)

I hate those black plastic frag plugs. They are impossible to find a spot on live rock to stick them in. They also dont stick into the sandbed well (at least for me)

Agreed!

Ahhh.. Finally an update! Looks like you did a lighting upgrade... What gives?

-Carl

Its an AI LED module. Works great and provides uber light.

• 3 weeks later...

Where abouts is Greenwich Aquaria, Ive made the trek down to "House of Fins" a few times and would love to hit up some other high end fish stores while Im down there (hour and a half drive to shop for 20 minutes right now)

Archived