Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New deal.....my Elos Mini build

TighTT

Some more pics with a few added newbies...

Two haloween hermits, one fire shrimp, one cleaner shrimp, and two ORA Birds of Paradise birdsnests (one for me, one for a friend).

Anemone finally moved himself to a rock in the rear of the tank

DSC_0246-vi.jpg

Fire shrimp:

DSC_0260-vi.jpg

BOP #1:

DSC_0263-vi.jpg

BOP #2/w a haloween hermit cleaning the rock:

DSC_0264-vi.jpg

and one more of the rose-tip bubble:

DSC_0253-vi.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mind if I ask where you bought the Elos?

Astoria here!

Greenwich Aquaria in Greenwich, CT. Good people over there. It costs a bit more from them...but with the customer service they provide, its worth it.

Update:

Added 2 Biac Percula Clowns (mated pair) as well as a sweet green/w purple bubble tip anemone (thanks Ed!). Also updated the tank with a Tunze Osmolator 3155 and Digital Aquatics Reef Keeper Elite (BIG thanks yet again to Ed!). The clowns have paired with BOTH anemones!

In addition, I added a couple Zoas from the guys at WorldWidecorals.com....great guys to do business with!

Pics:

P1000126-vi.jpg

P1000127-vi.jpg

P1000113-vi.jpg

P1000114-vi.jpg

P1000118-vi.jpg

P1000120-vi.jpg

P1000130-vi.jpg

P1000129-vi.jpg

Nice tank - I'm dreaming about this tank day and night and can't wait to get one myself. Hoping to get it within a week or two when I can drive out to Greenwich myself.

What, if i may ask, are you using the reefkeeper for anyway? I assume the lights can go on a simple timer. Are you running anything else?

Very nice looking tank. That's really cool that the clowns paired to both anemones. At night do they each go to a separate anemone? That's what mine did...

Front glass is starfire.....rest is standard glass.

Ok, so what the hell is starfire (I know, I'm too lazy to search)

Nice tank - I'm dreaming about this tank day and night and can't wait to get one myself. Hoping to get it within a week or two when I can drive out to Greenwich myself.

What, if i may ask, are you using the reefkeeper for anyway? I assume the lights can go on a simple timer. Are you running anything else?

If you get it....you're going to love it. Great quality and suuuuch a looker!!!

I use the reefkeeper to automate my system as much as possible. I had been using a simple cheapo timer for the e-light....no problem. But...I wanted a higher level of security and tighter tolerances that some of the cheaper electronics (my heater for example) cannot provide. The sensors (temp, pH, etc.) on the reefkeeper are extremely accurate. I also have pre-programed alarms. For example: If the tank gets above 80 degrees....I have it set to kill my heater (incase of a malfunction) and kill my E-light (just incase). I have the e-light programed to be on for 7 hours a day and then the Reefkeeper nightlight kicks on (all seamlessly).

Cool stuff.

Oh...Im also running a Tunze automatic topoff unit. GREAT for the lazy reefer (like myself).

Any other questions...feel free to ask. =)

I taught you well, my son

Why hello there! We'd be happy to help you with helping you picking up the Mini :P

Can you post a pic of how the sump works? It's impooossssible to find a decent pic of it. One pic I saw recently showed an area for "Spare water"? Is this true? Basically for top offs and what not?

If I remember correctly, it's like the entire left side, when the skimmer is bottom right (Looking downwards)

I'm also following your thread on RC lol. Unfortunately, it's the same thing.. UGH!

I forgot where I saw this pic, but I think it was somewhere on RC as well.

EDIT: Here's the picture. That left side... Is this the sump that comes with the system? Or did this dood post a pic of an upgrade?

http://web.me.com/schrader/My_Reef/My_Albu...LOS_Mini.html#8

Can you post a pic of how the sump works? It's impooossssible to find a decent pic of it. One pic I saw recently showed an area for "Spare water"? Is this true? Basically for top offs and what not?

If I remember correctly, it's like the entire left side, when the skimmer is bottom right (Looking downwards)

I'm also following your thread on RC lol. Unfortunately, it's the same thing.. UGH!

I forgot where I saw this pic, but I think it was somewhere on RC as well.

EDIT: Here's the picture. That left side... Is this the sump that comes with the system? Or did this dood post a pic of an upgrade?

http://web.me.com/schrader/My_Reef/My_Albu...LOS_Mini.html#8

Correct. The left side is a spare tank to hold fresh RO water to use for top-offs. I'll snap a few pics of my sump tomorrow when I get a spare minute or two.

Hi TighTT,

worderful tank and wonderful set up! ;)

I'm planning to buy this tank but I'm not very sure about led lamp to grow acropora.

Do you think possible?

And more did you have some problem about high noise for skimmer activity?

Correct. The left side is a spare tank to hold fresh RO water to use for top-offs. I'll snap a few pics of my sump tomorrow when I get a spare minute or two.

So the system comes with an ATO as well?

So the system comes with an ATO as well?

No. It comes with a small holding tank on the left side with no electronics at all....those have to be purchased seperately (more $$$...as always). I know elos makes an ATO....but I opted for the Tunze....which has worked quite well thus far. It was a pain in the a$$ to top off the tank manually every few days. Im lazy....so making the system work for me is the best scenario. :P

Hi TighTT,

worderful tank and wonderful set up! ;)

I'm planning to buy this tank but I'm not very sure about led lamp to grow acropora.

Do you think possible?

And more did you have some problem about high noise for skimmer activity?

I think you will be OK growing acropora with the E-light.

On the skimmer....it does make a little noise....but nothing too crazy.

Very nice looking tank! One of these days I'll have to spring for an ELOS. Looks so clean! Do you have any plans to supplement the elight or does it seem to be enough?

Very nice looking tank! One of these days I'll have to spring for an ELOS. Looks so clean! Do you have any plans to supplement the elight or does it seem to be enough?

I think at this point in time, given the requirement of my livestock, Im doing just fine. In the future if I decide to go crazy I might need some more/different lighting. But at that point Im sure I'll be ready for a larger tank anyway.

Sad news:

I just came home to find that my female clown fish jumped out of the tank. She was already gone when I found her. I thought that its very rare for clowns to jump out of rimless tanks. My male clown looks soooooo sad. He just sits in the anemone and doesn't want to swim around the tank. =(

So do I find a large size clown and hope that they pair? Or sell my lone male and buy another mated pair?

Hmm....

Beautiful setup! Your making my decision on a new tank much more difficult!

A few questions, if I may..

What types of corals will the E-Light support? I read elsewhere that it may produce light equivalent to a 150w MH, is this true? Can you detail your ATO system a bit more? Does the sump provide a space for a refugium? And do you know if ELOS sells the base in different colors?

Right now I am looking at the Cadlights 22g/39g and this ELOS Mini system. Tough decisions here...

Thanks in advance!

-Carl

Archived