Cultivated Reef

First timer 5.5 with fuge' build

YankeePete

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's good work! Those pieces are so clean. If you are doing this in a few months I'll be sending you a pm about a 20 false wall.

really great work.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all the kind words guys! It's great being able to take the skills I use to make a living and apply them to something I truly enjoy as a hobby. If there is any interest I would be more than glad to produce extra fuge wall's and I believe I could offer them at a reasonable cost to other reef keepers. Right now I have a couple extra sets of the back center fuge and the end fuge walls for the 5.5 gallon AIO set ups.

I am planning on drawing up the 10 gallon end wall fuge' in SolidWorks in the morning and hopefully have a finished unit tomorrow afternoon. I think a nice little media basket would be great to go along with it. Something with a space for carbon and Chaeto if nothing else. Some sort of slide in for the overflow side of the fuge wall. I don't know what else DIY reefers would be looking for in a AIO type false wall set up. Any other ideas?

Tim

• Like 2

I think I will start a new thread regarding a 10 gallon AIO tank build but wanted to share the picture of the fuge' wall here as well. Much like my little 5.5 gallon AIO the pump( in this case a MJ1200) is a friction fit through the fuge' wall using the stock duckbill outlet. It's a simple no nonsense method that works well without needing extra plumbing.

10g_1.jpg

10g_2.jpg

10g_3.jpg

• Like 2
I think I will start a new thread regarding a 10 gallon AIO tank build but wanted to share the picture of the fuge' wall here as well. Much like my little 5.5 gallon AIO the pump( in this case a MJ1200) is a friction fit through the fuge' wall using the stock duckbill outlet. It's a simple no nonsense method that works well without needing extra plumbing.

10g_1.jpg

10g_2.jpg

10g_3.jpg

This looks great. love the rounded bottom corners. love it. super great pics.

Archived