Cultivated Reef

Lani's 5.5gal.

Lalani

That nudi is just wild. It's got racing stripes.

VROOM VROOM VROOOMY VROOM VROOM

:lol:

Do you have 1 or 2 slugs?

2 so far, not sure how many more are hiding in the rocks.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wanna see moar shots you nudi pweeze.

:huh:

:o

:lol:

Great nudi shots Lanlan. Cool to see that both are still hanging in there. Must be them bad a$$ super cool reefer chick skilz of yours. :)

Lol, thanks. :D

Saw one of the nudis again a few minutes ago.. no signs of stress from the cycle.....

Tested the water and yup... still got ammonia. I might be taking a trip to some of the LFSs tomorrow. I say 'trip' because all the fish stores that deal with saltwater are 1 hour away. But while I'm there, I'll pick up another test kit.. the one I have is around 2 years old so may not be the most accurate..

Cheese n rice, an hour away?

Now, mind you being from NJ ( home of a strip mall every block ) I can pretty much walk my arse to ANYTHING I may need LOL, but dang girl......

mebe you should move to Maryland. :lol:

omgomgomg lol, don't you start that too. :P

Yeah, an hour to Lafayette. Besides there, approx. 2 1/2 hours to Baton Rouge or Lake Charles, and last resorts in LA.... approx. 3 hours to Sulphur or New Orleans. :rolleyes: I live in da sticks...

Omg, I had to follow one of those bastards today... he was taking up the whole friggin road... <_<

Anyways, B, stop being jealous of my most awesomeness rock and go back to the lounge. ;)

I'm going do yet another water change......

You have a case of the fuzzeh rocks too, eh? I'm finally winning the battle with the fuzz in mom's tank. Should be totally gone within the next month or so. I don't mind the macro algae that comes with Sealife rock, but the GHA is not welcome. I'm hoping the pico doesn't get fuzzeh, but I have a feeling it will... unless I do some heavy water changes preemptively..

Oh, and I'll throw you guys a bone.. if anybody is still watching. There will be sexy shrimp in this tank........ BIG SURPRISE, RIGHT? :lol:

You have a case of the fuzzeh rocks too, eh? I'm finally winning the battle with the fuzz in mom's tank. Should be totally gone within the next month or so. I don't mind the macro algae that comes with Sealife rock, but the GHA is not welcome. I'm hoping the pico doesn't get fuzzeh, but I have a feeling it will... unless I do some heavy water changes preemptively..

Oh, and I'll throw you guys a bone.. if anybody is still watching. There will be sexy shrimp in this tank........ BIG SURPRISE, RIGHT? :lol:

:eek: SHOCKER!!! :o

:lol: Well, FWIW, the "nasty" algae seems to die off going by my little contest tank. Lately just minimum pruning so I can still see the rock :P .

There is definitely something to be said for living in the sticks as well Kim, please don't get me wrong there lol.

Actually if I had a choice......I would rather drive the hour. ;)

I know what you mean, I love living out here.. it's quiet. :)

Just finished the water change and both of the cutie nudis are out and about. :wub:

WOW!!

Ken hooked you up big time!! WHoo-hoo!!

Looks awesome, hey how many batteries do yur nudi's take??

Suckers are like neon signs. lol

Hey Lalani how many pounds of the uncured LR did you get? I have a 25H for about year now and I had quite a bit of base rock when I first started but have since removed it due to a GHA problem and the rocks were simply too big. Now I'm re-scaping and pretty much rebuilding the reef and I was just curious as to how much rock you got for your 20H.

I've been buying pieces here and there from a store in Miami and I'm pretty sure they get their rock from Ken... so this time around I'm going direct. His rock is the closest I've seen to what I have back home in Jamaica and it really is some awesome rock (I'll post pics later).

I'd say I have about 15 - 20 pounds in total but all the pieces are on the bottom and not built up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After typing this I realized this is your 5.5 thread... :slap:

btw, i don't mind the fuzz. this is my "hands off" tank, after all.

i threw in some snails today. they're not dead, so i guess the cycle is over.

it will eat you, tho!!!

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, foo?

WOW!!

Ken hooked you up big time!! WHoo-hoo!!

Looks awesome, hey how many batteries do yur nudi's take??

Suckers are like neon signs. lol

Ya, I'm loving this rock... can't wait to see what comes out after the cycle! :D

After typing this I realized this is your 5.5 thread... :slap:

LOL, no problem! The only rock in the 20H that is from Sea Life is around 10-15 pounds of the cultured base rock. The rest of the rock is from Premium Aquatics... probably around 20 pounds.. I'm really not sure. :wacko:

btw, i don't mind the fuzz. this is my "hands off" tank, after all.

i threw in some snails today. they're not dead, so i guess the cycle is over.

Ya, I remember you wanted the fuzzeh rocks like Richie's. ;)

Heh, I probably won't wait for the cycle to finish completely before I throw some 'test subjects' in there... :mellow:

Archived