inTank Media Baskets

Acropora's Fish Guide

AcroporaLokani

AcroporaLokani
very helpful!!! thanks

Sure.

*slowly steps backwards out of thread*

:eek:

Well that's what you get when you harass/spam my threads for no reason.

I know the internets is serious business and all, but seriously, take a chill pill.

I know probably a little to harsh but he has been trying bothering me for about a month now, it started with my 55 gal thread (He posted for about two pages arguing about my tang, even with it going to a larger tank in a few months) and his friend calling me a "nazi" (Not sure if they are actually friends but they seemed chummy) and ever since he has not left me alone.

Cold medicine knocks me on my you know what whenever I get sick (Even a half dose), I probably would be comatose if I took any serious meds :lol:

wow

Well if anyone bothered you for a month would you be an angel or a devil?

I said GOOD DAY!!!

On another note, I enjoyed this thread. I never knew the Imperator Angelfish changed like that, what does it look like while its changing? Or does it happen over night lol.

And good day to you :)

*edit* Its basically a mix of the two (As kraylen said) and requires proper feedings/nutrition for its colors to be as beautiful as they are in nature and they need dried seaweed/dried algae so they won't look dull.

Poop

Hmmm..... Luckily I am constipated today so no more will come out.

Fo' realz yo.

:lol:

Hopefully.

####in amazing, thank you.

Sure, I replied to your PM.

Really?

Well, alot of the large angelfish will change colors... they pretty much all start out blue black and white, just different patterns.

It happens over a long period of time so... if you saw a "teenage" emperator it would look like a 50/50 of a juve and an adult. Really cool actually.

Acropora - Can you provide a write up on reef safe wrasse and anthias?

Exactly correct on the angel, if I can find a pic of a teen emperator I will post it.

I can start on the reef safe wrasse and anthias in the next fey days.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AcroporaLokani
I like turtles.

I think they are filthy creatures that bring disease (Clean freak if you could not tell).

Me too. How big of a tank do I need to have a sea turtle?

A pool :lol:

He's pretty hyper. One time is the "Insult the guy above you" threat, I said his av looked like his sister's STD-ridden special place, and he flipped. In a thread where you are guaranteed to get ripped on if you post there, none the less. Spaz.

I liked the insult the person above you thread, I figured you were supposed to insult the person above you and I lol'd at the STD joke (And the joke was that the av was a pic of my STD, I don't have a sister). That is how I actually joke I didn't think people would think I was being cruel since joking was the point of the thread (you said it yourself).

And if you think my jokes were cold (I was trying to be funny) then oh well.

lol this guide sucks

It does not have a mouth so that is literally impossible.

Agreed. No real mention of the different types of food to feed outside of mandarins. Flake, frozen, live, etc. No mention of food prep.

No real mention of the grazing habits when you're not feeding them.

Well I cannot give every single aspect for every single species in a few short posts, I did put the carnivore, omnivore and herbivore and placed the feeding requirements at the top of the fish section for each and figured that that could be consulted, and commonsense is required for reef/fish keeping and basically I would just have to repeat the same food requirements for most fish and figured people could look up fish foods for the species they wanted with reading what eating habits they have.

AcroporaLokani
:huh:

I meant that it needs the proper nutrition for the colors to fully change or look like a proper adult emperator (Just like if you feed a tang flake foods its colors will be faded but with dried seaweed/dried algae its colors will be brighter:) ), and proper nutrition includes dried seaweed. Probably didn't phrase the first reply to well.

don't argue, jer.

she doesn't like to be harassed.

I'm a guy, not to smart are you? And Jeremai is not cyberstalking me so I do not mind questions.

Well I cannot give every single aspect for every single species in a few short posts, I did put the carnivore, omnivore and herbivore and placed the feeding requirements at the top of the fish section for each and figured that that could be consulted, and commonsense is required for reef/fish keeping and basically I would just have to repeat the same food requirements for most fish and figured people could look up fish foods for the species they wanted with reading what eating habits they have.

This is how it could have been better.

Edited for the sake of no child being left behind

Wow, it's pathetic that you keep claiming I called you a nazi. Maybe you need to recheck the actual posts.

That larger tank is not setup (I have not even gotten the tank). And honestly I am not to sure why you feel you are entitled to an explanation. Perhaps you should explain your self entitled attitude?
I could give a retort full of the same ad hominem fallacies you used, but I won't.
I never said you would affect my decisions. And "hominem" is misspelled/not a word.
If you want to start attacking my word choice, do yourself a favor and use Google before acting like a grammar nazi (i.e. the "ad hominem" part).
That is the fifth time some one has called me a "nazi" this month, The problem with being able to actually bring good facts to an argument I suppose. So call me what you want I again don't care. And name calling is a last response for some one who knows they lost just for your F.Y.I..

Also me telling you about a misspelled word is no grounds for you to call me a "nazi" most people would find that to be offensive (I do not care what you call me, but honestly WW2 was a painful time for millions of innocent people so I'm guessing any of them or any one who is a descendant of them would be offended when anything like that is talked about). And you did not have to lower yourself to call me a "nazi" just because you lost the argument.

I'm a guy, not to smart are you?

Our scholarly discussion has led us to the conclusion that there is no other reasonable explanation for your behavior other than being female.

I'm sorry.

Our scholarly discussion has led us to the conclusion that there is no other reasonable explanation for your behavior other than being female.

I'm sorry.

As long as no one thought it was because someone thought "lokani" was a female name and not a species of Acropora. I was getting ready to rip someone a new one for that one. It's one of the coolest acros by far. :angry:

The thread and idea behind it is good. The drama, not so much. ;)

AcroporaLokani
Wow, it's pathetic that you keep claiming I called you a nazi. Maybe you need to recheck the actual posts.

You did call me a "nazi". The word "nazi" is in your quoted posts, and no matter what context the word "nazi" is used with its still about a damn "nazi".

wow.

what a nazi.

Well I am German (Literally) so I guess it comes with the terrain.

I'm sorry.

Nothing scholarly came from you, so perhaps you just need to change your....

Elements_of_a_tampon_with_applicator.jpg

OR you're just mad that every time you go to some ones house this guy asks "What you are doing here" (Besides cyberstalking).

chrishansen090115fp8.jpg

That's what you think. :ninja:

:lol:

The thread and idea behind it is good. The drama, not so much. ;)

+1

nah.. thread fully delivers. I've had fun reading :-D

And I had fun posting.

You did call me a "nazi". The word "nazi" is in your quoted posts, and no matter what context the word "nazi" is still about a damn "nazi".

:huh: Did I write you're an antisemite? Did I write you're a white supremacist? The fact is that the context of my sentence and phrase was clearly about grammar, not about the Third Reich. I'm sorry you have tunnel vision when it comes to reading arguments. Yet, you didn't find any problem with this:

And letting you know you misspelled a word is not a personal attack, If you take it as one then maybe you just need to cool your jets boy.

If you said that to an African American (or black South African), especially one who is older than your age of sixteen, he could consider that a racist insult. I chose to assume you were ignorant of the historical use of the word "boy" because you did not know my race or age, while you took the liberty of thinking I read your mind to know you are a German (not sure if you're a German citizen) and hypersensitive to anything remotely related to Nazism.

AcroporaLokani
Did I write you're an antisemite? Did I write you're a white supremacist?

That's what the word "nazi" means. After all that is what the nazi's stood for.

If you said that to an African American (or black South African), especially one who is older than your age of sixteen, he could consider that a racist insult. I chose to assume you were ignorant of the historical use of the word "boy" because you did not know my race or age, while you took the liberty of thinking I read your mind to know you are a German (not sure if you're a German citizen) and hypersensitive to anything remotely related to Nazism.

Nazi means nazi you can argue what ever you want, BUT I can make a big deal about it if I want since its racist against me.

And when I called you a boy I was calling you a child. (Its not like I was the one who used a racial slur). You clearly seem like a child younger than I am.

And If you are an adult then honestly how pathetic that you see it fit to call a child a "nazi" of any form.

And BKtomadachi

chrishansen090116fk2.jpg

Please delete thread, Thanks Moderators :)

How incredibly unprofessional. We banned the last guy that did that - his guide wasn't flawfull though, so I'll let you go with a warning.

Archived