Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Cowboy's 20L build

CowboyRWN

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saved my Xenia. Emergency large water change and added some Kent Marine Lugol's Iodine. Pretty sure it was lacking Iodine after doing a bunch of research. It is recovering nicely. B)

Here are some updated pics.

FTS - It is a little bare I know.

071.jpg

Ric eating pellets.

081.jpg

DIY ATO in action

076.jpg

Hermit riding a margarita snail; my recovering Xenia.

070.jpg

• 1 month later...

I got my light!!!! B)

Went with the Current 30" Sundial 4x24 T5HO. It makes a big difference. I also added a Yasha goby, got an Acan and changed my rockscape. Let me know what you think of the rockscape.

064.jpg

061.jpg

060.jpg

068.jpg

056.jpg

063.jpg

062.jpg

065.jpg

Is that not an GREAT light? same one i ended up getting - worth the money.

I got my light!!!! B)

Went with the Current 30" Sundial 4x24 T5HO. It makes a big difference. I also added a Yasha goby, got an Acan and changed my rockscape. Let me know what you think of the rockscape.

SWEET! and great pic to boot!

056.jpg
bonsai reefer

I like the rock work better now and for god's sake get that xenia out of there b4 it takes over your tank and you have no more realistate for the good stuff. I now have 15 tyree le chalices and 11 rediculos acans to share but noone will see them till the seamax 250 is up and running .Just finished the stand yesterday will be getting my thread up and going as soon as kyle(you know who you are) sends me my skimmer B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year!!!

I found my missing YG in my overflow. He was probably in there for 2 days and did not want to come out. I had to send him down to my fuge to catch him. He was really stressed, but after a few days he is eating now. I thought he was a gonner. I am so happy I have a cover on my tank. He is a cool fish.

I graduated to frozen food yesterday. I was reminded that I am still a newb. One of those cubes is ALOT of food. I will be cutting it into fourths next time, and I will wait a week or two before I feed again. My corals are digging the new grub though. I didn't think a candy cane could eat that much.

My Candy Cane has gone from 2 to 4 mouths. My Acan has added a polyp and I think my Ric is splitting. I got a 1.5" baby fugia plate yesterday. Nothing to write home about, but I liked it. My cheato is the size of a basketball and who says a HD clamp light doesn't work.

I need to start testing Ca and think I might need to dose. We shall see. My next major equipment purchase will be a Tunze protein skimmer. I am thinking about getting a small frog spawn for my next coral. I might get a Randalli Pistol Shrimp and try to pari it with my YG and was thinking about a sixline. They are cool to watch.

That is about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are my water parameters as of today;

Temp 79.0

pH 8.0

SG - 1.024

NH3 - 0ppm

NO2 - 0ppm

NO3 - 0ppm

dKH - 10

PO3 - 0ppm

Ca - 420ppm

The question is, after I get a skimmer and add two Koralia nano's would I be ok with some SPS frags?

really diggin ur tank especially since im starting everything for my 20l. any way u can message me some stuff on the specs of ur tank? like the size over flow and return, maybe the size of the pipes u used for the plumbing? how u drilled the glass and what you used? just trying to get input from other ppl who have 20l's and what worked for them

Here are my water parameters as of today;

Temp 79.0

pH 8.0

SG - 1.024

NH3 - 0ppm

NO2 - 0ppm

NO3 - 0ppm

dKH - 10

PO3 - 0ppm

Ca - 420ppm

The question is, after I get a skimmer and add two Koralia nano's would I be ok with some SPS frags?

Pristine water already - what's a skimmer gonna do for you? Not sure about the nano's tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived