Pod Your Reef

Marioreef's custom shallow nano

mariosreef

Very nice look tank. Where did you get that made?

It came from Miracles Aquariums in Ontario, Canada. It's about a 45 minute drive from my house.

It looked microscopic next to the custom 600 gallon starfire behemoth that just finished on the day I picked it up!

It came from Miracles Aquariums in Ontario, Canada. It's about a 45 minute drive from my house.

It looked microscopic next to the custom 600 gallon starfire behemoth that just finished on the day I picked it up!

Oh the possibilities in that tank lol

Oh the possibilities in that tank lol

No kidding. This thing was huge. I wondered if the owner was going to use it as a lap pool.

marinekeeper

Hellz yeah, very very nice. I can't wait to see this thing with some rocks in it. Keep them pics coming as you advance. Good job thus far.

Thanks for all of your kind words guys!

I’m hoping that I’ll be able to get her up and running this weekend and post some new pics. Although, I still have to find a place to put it and decide (eventually) if I’m mounting on a wall or placing it on a free-standing custom cabinet.

So looking at it the large section where the return pump will be, will that also include anything else? If it is to be a fuge with macro algae and such how do you plan to keep stuff from getting sucked up in the pump?

So looking at it the large section where the return pump will be, will that also include anything else? If it is to be a fuge with macro algae and such how do you plan to keep stuff from getting sucked up in the pump?

The return pump, heater, thermometer and Chemi-Pure bag will all be behind the false wall. The will be no sign of any equipment in the display area. In a few days, and with some new pics, it will all make sense!

Dddang looks good! what r the plans for the media racks ?

The top will hold a foam block for mechanical filtering and the lower (larger) section will hold a bag of Chemi-Pure. That's it!

you think that mj 404 will be enough flow when there is rock in there?

this is an absolutely gorgeous tank... BRAVO!

you think that mj 404 will be enough flow when there is rock in there?

this is an absolutely gorgeous tank... BRAVO!

Thank you for the compliment!

I'm pretty sure that the MJ 404 will do the trick. It only has to push through 6 inches of tubing and then just 16 inches of tank length. When I did my initial water flow test, I actually had to turn the flow down a bit. The water was cresting over the aquarium edge at the other end!

Archived