Innovative Marine Aquariums

3Gallon Picotope

freddy4130

Nice tank. I am pretty sure catalina gobies like cooler temp.'s check dr foster and smith for requirements.

There are tons of gobies that will work, just make sure you see the fish eat before you buy. Of course that means LFS is where to shop for your fish. Good luck with the tank.

I did as much research on that fish as I could. It seems that their high temp range is just above most corals' low range. Based on all my calculations, I can keep most softies at 75 degrees and also a Catalina at 75 degrees and everyone should be happy. I guess it leaves less room for fluctuation though. My LFS guy said his supplier breeds them captive in warmer waters as well. Take that for what it's worth, but he does keep the Catalinas in the same tanks as the rest of the fish and they "seem" fine.

Of course, the other alternative is to keep one in the pico as a fish only and then build that ten gallon that has been sitting in my basement, LOL. That way I could just take the heater out of my pico, put the stock filter back on and put the AC 50 and the heater in the ten gallon. All I would need then is a new light for the ten gallon. I am such a justifier of spending. I should be a politician.

Archived