• Last Reply
whofeelsitknowsit
Just throw it away and go back to the lounge. :rolleyes:

Mark

#### you.

It is a glass Biocube 8, right?

Correct.

omgomgomgomgomgomg

Doesn't anybody read? Are you all blind? Read the thread. Look at the pics. IT'S NOT CORALLINE. :huh::huh:

They know it's not coralline. They're just doing a poor job of trolling.

Did you end up scraping any off? I'd test the water too to make sure all your parameters are fine. In case you haven't already, be sure and change out any filter media, maybe bump up your skimmer a bit, and consider running something along the lines of ChemiPure Elite or PhosBan.

I scraped all the algae off the glass yesterday. Definitely not coralline.

how is the tank doing? prolly a long road back, i bet 3-6 weeks, it just takes tht long for all the crap that is built up to leach back out of the sand and rock

whofeelsitknowsit

The cleaning crew definitely needs to be re-stocked. I am down to a couple of stocky ceriths and a couple of blue hermits. I had 4 or 5 turbos, a few ceriths, a few nerites and a few blue leg hermits.

Truth be told, I'm not a huge believer in the power of the clean-up crew. I think they help maintain your tank a bit, but there is no substitute for proper maintenance and cleaning, which I have not been doing lately.

how is the tank doing? prolly a long road back, i bet 3-6 weeks, it just takes tht long for all the crap that is built up to leach back out of the sand and rock

So far, so good. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
whofeelsitknowsit

I guess I should clarify: I'm looking for suggestions that don't involve water changes, additional flow or upgrades to the system. kthx.

toothbrush the glass and rocks...turkey baster the rocks....are you running any filtration media to catch the algae you are going to stir up? cleaning that isn't considered a water change...keep doing that as you toothbrush and turkey baster every day. That will help get the tank to the point you can look inside and better assess the need for a water change etc..all that film algae on the glass is easily removed...

You missed the ugly tank contest a couple weeks ago. You might have won a free CUC and advice. Looks like a lack of interest problem IMO. Been there done that. :P

runner up for sure.

Deleted User 6
I guess I should clarify: I'm looking for suggestions that don't involve water changes, additional flow or upgrades to the system. kthx.

do a barrel roll.

1205781646162aj6.gif

just take some sponge and clean. Stop being a lazy piece. You need to start doing some water changes aswell if you did one ever 2 weeks or even every month it wouldent look like that.

Archived