SaltCritters.com

Nick's BioCube 29(DEAD AND GONE)

nckwrn

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far she is looking good. as far as CUC I have 15 red leg hermits well prob 10 now... about 20 to 30 cerith snails I hand picked at the beach, and I have 4 turbo snails which seem to die easily when the fall on there backs.

How long has your tank been running? How do your parameters look?

With LR it's been about 3 weeks just did a water change yesterday and these are my parameters with my ######ty dip test's:

PH 8.0

Alk 300+

Nitrite and Nitrate are still REALLY high.

I'll test with my drip test later.

I ended up super gluing the Hydor FLO to the stock piece of Lockline and then shoving it in the pump outlet.

I also ordered this CLICKI think it will help with water changes because I used to have to take the heater out of my freshwater tank, take the thermometer out of the biocube and then mix it every 5 minutes by hand. Then I had to measure the salinity with a Hydrometer 4 or 5 time before it gave a good reading. I warn you now DO NOT GET A HYDROMETER!

I ended up super gluing the Hydor FLO to the stock piece of Lockline and then shoving it in the pump outlet.

I also ordered this CLICKI think it will help with water changes because I used to have to take the heater out of my freshwater tank, take the thermometer out of the biocube and then mix it every 5 minutes by hand. Then I had to measure the salinity with a Hydrometer 4 or 5 time before it gave a good reading. I warn you now DO NOT GET A HYDROMETER!

My hydor flo used to always blow off. I have heard that you can use plumbers tape, but I don't know what they make that stuff out of, or if it is safe for reef tanks.

Your salt water mixing kit seems like a pretty good purchase, you never really appreciate how amazing refractometers are until you buy one.

Yea i was most interested in that salt. :D

I think im gonna put the MJ 1200 in my 3rd chamber and use the stock pump to mix.

So what should I get first? CUC, fish, or coral?

With LR it's been about 3 weeks just did a water change yesterday and these are my parameters with my ######ty dip test's:

PH 8.0

Alk 300+

Nitrite and Nitrate are still REALLY high.

I'll test with my drip test later.

Nitrite high? Did you check your Ammonia? IMO, you probably should wait to add livestock until those are at or very near 0. Your LFS might test your parameters for you if you are having trouble getting reliable readings.

Nitrite high? Did you check your Ammonia? IMO, you probably should wait to add livestock until those are at or very near 0. Your LFS might test your parameters for you if you are having trouble getting reliable readings.

I know i'm just wondering.

WOW! I just did a water change with my new Mixing Kit, and it was SO easy! The refractometer is so easy to use and it's so accurate. For anybody that reads this, DO NOT GET A HYDROMETER! JUST GO STRAIGHT TO A REFRACTOMETER! My stupid Hydrometer was .005 off so my gravity was 1.030. The salt is so easy to mix 1/2 cup per gallon. I'm gonna do my water tests tomorrow the salt should help a lot. B) B) B) B) :D :D :) :) :lol::happy:

Just Tested Parameters with Drip Test

PH:8

ALK:2

Nitrite:>1

Nitrate:20

Ammonia:0.5

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is Nitrate and Nitrite so high still?

Also, Ever since I made the Maxi-Jet 1200 my return pump I constantly see Micro Bubbles. Any Ideas?

I use RO water from the store. Then I mix it with some D-D H2Ocean salt.

Just tested parameters, nitrite is finally zero! Nitrate is 10 ppm is that ok?

Im going to do a water change today so that should lower nitrates.

I finally ordered the Clean-Up-Crew from reefcleaners.com. It'll be here saturday.

ThiefofAlways

You want to get that prolifera out of there before it makes its way onto all of your rock. Their roots require scrubbing to remove, and in scrubbing you cause a massive die-off, which you don't want.

I am struggling with it in my 40 breeder right now, thank god the zoas overtake it in most cases.

Tank looks grand :)

Archived