Top Shelf Aquatics

Nick's BioCube 29(DEAD AND GONE)

nckwrn

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For sure look at others tank threads. The only problem is that searching on this site is horrible!

I works fine if you use it right. There are a ton of search options in the advanced menu. Taylor your search and it will work great.

The Chemicals and Equipment came today. I turned on the heater and got rid of the bioballs. My current filter configuration is: Chamber 1: Heater, Chamber 2: Filter Floss, Purigen, Filter Floss, Chemipure Elite, Filter Floss, Chamber 3: Pump and Thermometer.

Does that sound good to you guys? Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

They say to use about 1 to 1.5lbs of LR per Gallon. If you go with the 1.5lbs per gal that will leave you with 1.5lbs extra. I would go with 1 lbs per gallon, so maybe 28-29lbs of LR for your main, and that way you will have room to make up the rest with the rock that comes with your coral. PS You have more people commenting on your tank than I do, so don’t feel so bad. I think it helps if your….maybe DD or FFF…lol….Just joking.

Just a couple of suggestions for you....

When you're ready to put your LR in your tank, make sure you landscape it so that the frags you add later will get plenty of light. I have approx 27lbs of LR in my BC29 layered on about a 45degree angle. I would suggest you take a look at some of the pics of tanks on the forums or just go to youtube and search the biocubes on there. I have seen pics of some sick tanks out there that might give you some ideas.

Did you get your temp up when you installed your heater?? Hopefully in the 80~82 range now?

Are you running a media rack in Chamber 2?

Just a couple of suggestions for you....

When you're ready to put your LR in your tank, make sure you landscape it so that the frags you add later will get plenty of light. I have approx 27lbs of LR in my BC29 layered on about a 45degree angle. I would suggest you take a look at some of the pics of tanks on the forums or just go to youtube and search the biocubes on there. I have seen pics of some sick tanks out there that might give you some ideas.

Did you get your temp up when you installed your heater?? Hopefully in the 80~82 range now?

Are you running a media rack in Chamber 2?

Yes, my current temperature is 77.1. Currently, no media rack in chamber 2. Right now there is Chemi-pure Elite, Purigen, and lots of filter floss.

Well, this is what somebody suggested I get for a CUC. Any additions/suggestions?

30 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners

15 Nassarius - sub 6 of these for a star

1 Chitons (Express Mail)

15 Florida Ceriths

10 Blue Legs (Express Mail)

2 large nerites

Well, this is what somebody suggested I get for a CUC. Any additions/suggestions?

30 Dwarf Ceriths - small effective cleaners

15 Nassarius - sub 6 of these for a star

1 Chitons (Express Mail)

15 Florida Ceriths

10 Blue Legs (Express Mail)

2 large nerites

I would add more snails and less crabs. Chitons are crazy, I just got two of them.

Is this a reefcleaners.org order? If so John will probably throw in more snails then you order. I got about 2x the snails I ordered.

I would go for the following:

15 Ceriths - small effective cleaners

6 Nassarius - sub 6 of these for a star

6 Blue Legs or red reef hermits

2 large nerites

If you need more, then I would add more as needed.

Archived