Top Shelf Aquatics

beginner looking for experienced help

mattbryant2

i was wondering what everyone used to store their water change water
distilled water bottles (5~6g), just a couple of bucks, known quality, sealed, and you can drink it if you want. :)

fishyidea -

thank you very much for your reply. it has been one of the best that i have received. i was thinking of a similar plan, and i think i will go ahead and do that.

as for water storage, do you guys use a heater and a powerhead in your storage container? the water changes article suggested this, and i was wondering how necessary it is.

thanks again.

The powerheaad will mix the salt better than by hand and unless your room temperature is equal to your tank you will need the heater to keep the water as close to tank conditions as possible before adding it to tank.

I'm in the exact same boat as you Matt except you know a little more about salt tanks then i do.I have a forum posted so plz look at it, Im converting my fresh water 5g to salt sp plz look at my forum too. Matt thank you for asking those questions, they are exactly what im wondering since i just got into the whole salt water thing. So plz reply to me in my thread about a good setup for a 5g. I would appreciate it very much if some of you read my thread and reply. Thank you.

Archived