Pod Your Reef

Group Buy on Pico LED Fixture - (CLOSED)

evilc66

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
acedeuce4life
Don't think I'll be going group buys from this point considering my ties to Nanocustoms now. We may organize something for just LEDs if there is enough interest.

Evil,

What options do I have now for my JBJ pico if you are not doing group buys for the Satellite LED? Will nanocustoms offer a similar solution with you onboard or is it just diy for the foreseeable future? Thanks,

Vince

Not much to it. There are shots of some of the wiring in the first post, but it's just two groups of 5 LEDs in series. Nothing too unique about it.

Don't think I'll be going group buys from this point considering my ties to Nanocustoms now. We may organize something for just LEDs if there is enough interest.

How about a group buy or a possible link where to acquire the heatsink too perhaps? I've got a single satellite, seriously thinking of gutting it for LEDs, but heatsinkusa doesn't seem to offer any narrow enough to fit.

Evil,

What options do I have now for my JBJ pico if you are not doing group buys for the Satellite LED? Will nanocustoms offer a similar solution with you onboard or is it just diy for the foreseeable future? Thanks,

Vince

No more Satellites from this point forward, but there is always the possibility for something different a little later ;)

How about a group buy or a possible link where to acquire the heatsink too perhaps? I've got a single satellite, seriously thinking of gutting it for LEDs, but heatsinkusa doesn't seem to offer any narrow enough to fit.

They will cut in both directions, so just tell them exactly what size you want.

No more Satellites from this point forward, but there is always the possibility for something different a little later ;)

They will cut in both directions, so just tell them exactly what size you want.

Oh awesome, I'll have to do that if something nicer doesn't come along. Thank you sir!

• 2 weeks later...

it looks like you came up with this design a while ago, would there be anything you would change about the fixture after gathering all the information about LED's that you have been working on? i've done some research about UV LED's and the general consensus seems to be that there really isn't enough research and maybe they aren't powerful enough right now?

Archived