SaltCritters.com

Ugly Tank Contest! (UPDATES)

johnmaloney

I wish you could have seen this one 200 gallon tank I serviced awhile ago. Nice, expensive equipment (Euro-reef, tunze, etc), good lights (400W MH x 2), and a **it ton of hair algae.

The lights were in an enclosed canopy and temperatures routinely got into the mid 90s, lights were on from 7am - 10pm, right beside a fireplace that was always warm. I think I pulled out 2 5 gallon buckets of hair algae alone. Disaster...

Capsfan......can you please explain that a little bit? I am amazed and hope that you win. Great show!

:o

Its my 55 gallon with a HOB filter and old light bulbs. I only have 1 powerhead so 80% of my tank is a dead spot. The snails are dying off, Mr. Tang won't touch the stuff, the lawnmower blenny died (not that he did much anyway), detritus is everywhere, and I HATE hair algae. Oh yeah, the little tank inside the big one is for the little b/w ocellaris clown that gets beat up by my mated pair and the other b/w ocellaris. I keep him separated. I could use some help.

John great idea for a contest plus promo....my tank has had some rough times but i never caught a pic of it....this is the best i could do taken a long while back....figure i cant compete with some of these tanks but at least the discount is worth posting my pic!!! Good luck choosing a winner....

111807.jpg

By the way the discount code for the posts is "ugly". When you enter a tank I will eventually move it over to my site for the judging. But if you use the discount to order, make sure during checkout you give me your username, and a link to the photo this way I can match them up for the possibility of a refund if you win the contest.

Those are some pretty bad ones. My favorite is the tank with the dirty glass where algae is actually growing ont he mag float. Priceless, worth an extra point in judging for sure.

capsfan has a lot of hair, but ifistmoose has a well rounded tank...lots of cyano, hair, film and I even think I saw some diatoms.

Darn it! Why did all that slime have to go away?! I have little green dots all over my glass, but I can't get a decent picture of them. I added a magfloat pic though. B)

med_gallery_2631686_467_307207.jpg

med_gallery_2631686_467_190912.jpg

med_gallery_2631686_467_199444.jpg

med_gallery_2631686_465_1395997.jpg

Finalists and Honorable mentions now posted at the site. If we left out yours, emails me and I will explain why.

Go here to see some of the ugliest tanks from around the web:

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=c...&id=925#925

Finalists and Honorable mentions now posted at the site. If we left out yours, emails me and I will explain why.

Go here to see some of the ugliest tanks from around the web:

http://reefcleaners.org/index.php?option=c...&id=925#925

Haven't subscribed to the thread? Oh man... out of like 100s of pics we got one of yours was in the top 3 I think of ugliest tank on the net. Oddly, the nicest tank picture we got one though. Weird. But we put it to the voters.

for the 25% off the code is "ugly" thanks for playing IFISTmoose!

Archived