Coral Vue Hydros

My Minibow7, New Pics 01/27

Splumph

kenthenanoguy

Minibows are the best! I really had a lot of fun with mine. I got bit by the reefbug though and had to upgrade. 20H for me now! I plan to start a thread really soon.

Good luck getting that Cyano under control...I had the same problem in my minibow. I managed to solve it by changing my 70W MH bulb. I found cyano growth was really accelerated under the deteriorated spectrum of the old MH bulb and disappeared under the new one (replaced it with the exact same brand and temp of bulb). Now I am somewhat familiar with LEDs, but no expert by any means (I understand their electrical properties and setup); but could your problem be a result of the light spectrum being produced by your DIY LED setup?...Just a thought...

The tank looks great though. Kenny likey! :D

I was thinking the same thing about the LED spectrum, but I really, don't know. I am going to try reducing the length of time my fuge light is on, as alot of cyano grows in there as well. On the plus side, the chaeto is surviving, and growing, so maybe it will steal some of the excess nutrients. All of the corals I have seem to be multiplying rapidly, and I have tons of pods and amphipods, so I think everything is real healthy...just that darned cyano makes everything look ugly :(

New Pics!

Amphipod lair!? I saw this guy lunge out at something floating in the water...hoping it's a baby mantis, but not banking on it :D

P1010241Large.jpg

New 15$ zoa rock, I have a hard time photographing it, since its near the back. I thought it was PPEs because of the neon green mouths (was in a dim tank at the LFS) But they are almost reddish with a neon green sheen. The outside is grey-purple with white spots.

P1010250Large.jpg

P1010242Large.jpg

Got some new corals, a better pic of an old one, and a new little tank!

Metallic GSP..hard to capture how bright green this stuff is.

metgspLarge.jpg

Blue Snowflake Cloves

P1010269Large.jpg

Better pic of my notsurewhatPEs

ppe.jpg

New FTS, cyano is almost all gone now

ftsLarge.jpg

And my new little desk pico. This one is just fun to watch because you can watch all the pods scurrying around up close. It is one of those little 5$ petco betta tanks.

P1010286Large.jpg

Funny thing, that mushroom was in my 7g tank (one of the first corals I got) but it never looked real happy. I put it in the little tank, with 9w pc and lower flow, and it has doubled in size.

Archived