Top Shelf Aquatics

My 75 Gallon peninsula tank

MitchReef

Actually, I'm sending JKUNZ a Saturday delivery box tomorrow....I could send out some stuff to you any time! Ready for some more Happy Corals!??!!?

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ready for some more Happy Corals!??!!?

I am Mitch, fragging the forestfire thos weekend when I do the duncan and probably a ric that's splitting, will send you pics wehn I do.

I'm going to have to pi$$ that Superman off again soon, aren't I? Are you going to be coming to Orlando any time soon? I don't think I'm going to be down that way for a while...Bride is still out of work so no dive trips coming up :angry:

I could probably get a frag of the Tort off, but mind you, it would be a very small frag.

Let me know what to start looking at...you are an impatient little cuss aren't you???

Nightly Camera snapping....I am really enjoying my new camera...to the tune of 622 shots since Christmas Day!!!

My Rainbow Acans are still tiny, but they are starting to show some amazing color....

IMG_0617.jpg

Here is my original Mother polyp of the Happy Corals Schizo Blasto colony...(BTW, She's available for sale...Inquire Within)...

IMG_0620.jpg

That frag stone is OVER an inch and a half wide...This is just a couple of hours after being moved in the tank...not yet fully extended!

I tucked this Birdsnest back into the corner a few months ago and just kind of ignored it...well it sat there for quite a while, and suddenly a few weeks ago it decided to grow like crazy....

IMG_0612.jpg

One of my Duncanopsammia axifugia frags...(Couple of these available too)...

IMG_0622.jpg

And this frag of the Happy Corals Schizo Blastos is flying to Michigan tomorrow night....

IMG_0621.jpg

picture taken after sunset....

Thanks for tuning in,

Mitch

So...somebody from my club decided that he wanted a piece of my Tyree Blue Lamelossa chalice, so I got the Dremel out today..here is what I started with...

IMG_0560.jpg

And now all I have left is this....

IMG_0661.jpg

But I have two additional frags that need to heal before they go, but they will be available as soon as they heal!!!

Nope, not heading up that way anytime soon. A small piece of tort is fine, broke off a 3/4" piece of the forestfire digi for you, so a small piece of tort is a fair trade imo.

if i am a fish, i would have love to be in your tank!

Thank you so very much. I a geniunely honored by your kind words. My aim is to provide a nice environment for all the creatures I host. If I can provide them with an acceptable habitat, only then can I feel deserving of the beauty and serenity they bring to my home and my life...

Mitch, your tank is gorgeous. Thanks for all of the incredible pictures! I wish my coral were as happy as yours! haha

If I may ask, what's your process for mounting in your tank? Putty or some-such?

Mitch, your tank is gorgeous. Thanks for all of the incredible pictures! I wish my coral were as happy as yours! haha

If I may ask, what's your process for mounting in your tank? Putty or some-such?

I gotta kinda laugh...most of them are just set in a convenient spot, someplace where they won't fall into a crack in the rocks...I've lost a few nice pieces that way over time...eventually they encrust, then I have no choice in the matter...Here is a good example...look at that stupid Blue A. millepora, grabbin a rock!

IMG_0476.jpg

wow that Tyree Blue Lamelossa chalice is gorgeous omgomgomg

Thanks a million...I actually just cut a few pieces off of it...let them heal up and color up and I will include one into a frag pack for you! (Oh wait, frag packs are illegal, how about a frag assemblage!!)

I guess the Bubblegum Monster chalice decided not to put another eye on just yet, but it seems o be concentrating on spreading out and growing. It's a different angle, but you can see a lot of spreading out at the edges....

Here is the first week I had it:

1/17/09

IMG_0373.jpg

Here is last night:

2/12/09

IMG_0731.jpg

Here is yet another attempt to capture the true colors of my Appleberry Monti:

IMG_0733.jpg

This one is tough to get a good, honest colors picture of.

Wow!!! Awesome!!!

That appleberry is sweet!!! Is that 4.0 or 4.5? I can't remember :D

I got an ORA Bellina Acropora...I'll have to put pics up later, I think you may like it.

Okay, so I got out a little pair of wire nips, scrubbed all the oil off them and chopped JKUNZ's frag off the Acropora desalwii....This is just a beautiful coral...

I think it cut in a really nice spot...

This pic was after I dipped it to set the cyanoacrylate, but before I put it back in the tank...

IMG_0759.jpg

Here is the frag back in the tank, but it still doesn't have much PE yet...

IMG_0764.jpg

This is a really crappy shot, but it shows the tabling structure really well....

IMG_0762.jpg

I will try to get a pic in a little while when it shags back out a little...

Okay, so a day has gone by and I took another picture with much better polyp extension....

IMG_0769a.jpg

I could get better pictures if I got my tripod out and actually stopped the pumps, but stopping them in my tank are a task. It would be 5 steps to stop them all, so this is what we get for tonight....long day at work today, what can I say...

Yup....Lazy Bastid...you got it there...maybe tomorrow night I will shut them down...and maybe winged monkeys will fly outta my butt....

Stay tuned and see which happens!!!!

Yup....Lazy Bastid...you got it there...maybe tomorrow night I will shut them down...and maybe winged monkeys will fly outta my butt....

Stay tuned and see which happens!!!!

:haha:

I just can't make that reference without thinking of the movie Bruce Almighty....did you see that one?

BTW...I gotta do some more fragging soon...that desalwii is awesome....I don't want to cut it up too much though...I got some other cool stuff too....

Thanks a million...I actually just cut a few pieces off of it...let them heal up and color up and I will include one into a frag pack for you! (Oh wait, frag packs are illegal, how about a frag assemblage!!)

that would be great.and the tank is looking great as always.

We need to wait til the weather gets more predictable up your way...I used to live in Nebraska, and would be terrified to ship to that part of the country this time of year...I would love to put a few things together when the time is right...

Archived