Innovative Marine Aquariums

RSM from Greece - Lot of pics

stathis200

33 years ago I left Greece, Thessaloniki specifically, having graduated my senior year of High School there. I loved your Nation, your Culture and of course your People, who made it the fabulous place that it was. And is, I am sure.

Your tank is fabulous and your photography skills are incredible.

Keep up the good work, and Thank You for sharing it with us.

Wow, awesome tank! Can you give more info on the LED bar?

I found this led bar (12volts - 1,5 Amperes) at a local electrical shop and i fited it at the front side where the lights are not so bright.

Baraled2.jpg

Thank you for educating me regarding the Heliofungia actiniformis -- it is beautiful.

I see your clams are located on the sand bottom. What species of clams do you have? How long have you had them? Locally, we are told they must receive high light levels near the top of the live rock -- do they seem to be happy where you have them located?

My excitement with your tank caused me to splurge on some new SPS frags yesterday!

No it's only one clam (same at both pictures) and its located at the high level of rock.

It has increased it's size (it was very small when i bought it ). :)

When i changed the Pc's to new ones i saw better colours . The white lines become more bright.

• 3 weeks later...

WOW!!!!Nice tank and awesome growth. Stock lights works wonders for the RSM. What kind of maintenance do you do? Any additives? How much and often do you do WC? Love that birdsnest.

Wow! I'm speachless, deffinatly the best RSM I have ever seen, sorry Stevie but this one blows most of the nanos I have seen away and I have seen many gourgeous tanks. Deffinatly stick around, you are bound to get TOTM sooner or later! I love the fungia and birdsnest, and it's amazing what the RSM stock lights can do. Great job, and amazing photography skills! What camera/lens do you use? I'm supprised Laniani didn't ask you this! Your tank is just another reason i wish i had a RSM! :o:bowdown:omgomgomg

... Great job, and amazing photography skills! What camera/lens do you use? I'm supprised Laniani didn't ask you this!

You can look at the EXIF information embedded in the pictures and see that he's using an Olympus point and shoot. It is probably a camera most of us would scoff at using, but it clearly does the job in skilled hands. (The skill of the photographer makes a bigger difference in the results than the camera they are using.)

stathis200,

Your DIY electronics work demonstrates great attention to detail, as does your photography. Everyone has already said this, but I will repeat that your tank looks wonderful. I suspect that the same attention to detail is what has gotten you to this point. I do not think it is overstocked and I look forward to the day when our corals grow out to the point that our tank looks more like a reef than a bunch of corals stuck on a rock.

I'm particularly jealous of your heliofungia. We got one thinking it was a fungia which should be easy to keep. It lasted less than a week and was the biggest failure in our tank since we started. Yours looks great.

What is that basket for near the top left?

I too would be interested in hearing about your management practices. I understand your desire to speak with pictures instead of text (to avoid translation from your native tongue) but I'm sure we could learn from you.

:welcome: to N-R and thank you for sharing! :D

-hank

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guyes .

Do you have room for water?

Just a little bit .. :lol:

kind of maintenance do you do? Any additives?

A lot.

My corals are very hungry.

I feed them every day.

As there is not the proper ammount of water , so i have to add every single day , ca, alk,e.t.c

Every second day two spoons of Τurbo Calsium.

Every second day two spoons of Reef Buffer.

Two times a week two spoons of mg.

Two times a week one cube of mixed diy frozen food (mysis-lobster eggs-cyclops...)

Two times a week iodine.

Sometimes phyto-zoo plankton - cyclopeez ,fresh mash garlic e.t.c.

The most hungry coral is trachyphyllia.

I have succesfully fragged this coral twice.

I'll post it in near future.

Hank thanks for your kind words. :)

Heliofungia is a very interesting colar .

It changes shape every day.It is very funny.

I wish i could reproduce it , but i can't.

I'read a lot of posts at USA forums, about how difficult is to keep this colar.

To my opinion , it's one of the easiest species.

I have to move it oncy a week,as it is going on the recordias.

At this action sometimes, it is hurt by be :(

After two days it is fully recovered with great extension of all poyps.

As for my little camera it is an old Olympus C750UZ with good macro.

I love nano tanks cause they are great for taking macro photos , that i love.

• 2 months later...

As i promiced , some photos of the fragging procedure of trachyphyllia.

This happend one year ago .

Now both parts are doing fine .

BEFORE

P1010061b.jpg

OUT OF WATER

P1010570.jpg

FRAGGING TOOL

P1010573.jpg

BACK TO TANK

P1010579.jpg

AFTER ONE DAY

P1010631.jpg