SaltCritters.com

5.5 gal AIO with 3 Banggai Cardinalfish

edge121212

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow that worm is huge

Bristle worms are generally good for your reef althou I have heard stories on RC of big ones taking chunks otta fish yours is no where near as large as the ones in the stories... it is really awesome thou I wouldnt take it out.

the new lighting looks great..do you have a pic showing how the light fixture looks over the tank?

a 10 gal would fit much better, but its not that bad and the heat is fine

post-23657-1228974537_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well my temp got to 83.5 and I lost some of my xenia, but I still have two stocks and the temp is now a steady 81. The tank is now just a sit and wait project as things get to big I will frag them

I am now doing 3000l water changes per week and the nitrates are 0 but I am still seeing red slime maybe from my R/O unit I will have to check it out

well my temp got to 83.5 and I lost some of my xenia, but I still have two stocks and the temp is now a steady 81. The tank is now just a sit and wait project as things get to big I will frag them

I am now doing 3000l water changes per week and the nitrates are 0 but I am still seeing red slime maybe from my R/O unit I will have to check it out

3000l might be a little too much lol

Yeah, as I said earlier, with the MH the temps do raise a bit. A small fan should help out a lot to keep things steady and cooler. Red slime is usually just part of the process in this, tank maturing. Manually removing it and waiting it out is not uncommon. Im sure it is looking great though, good luck!

well I added a trio of fish today lol

three baby Banggai Cardinalfish they are tiny for $5 i could not pass it up

if they live I will move them to a bigger tank in a couple months

pics to follow

Archived