Top Shelf Aquatics

5.5 gal AIO with 3 Banggai Cardinalfish

edge121212

you need an ATO if your gonna run a tank that small. the top offs will become a pita if you dont.

and once you getsome LR in there it will look a lot brighter. you'll have a lot more light reflection.

p.s. that peice of acrylic on the top-front is causing a bad shadow.jus noticed.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

top off isn't that bad.

I have a 3g, I leave a 1g bottle probably half way filled with RO water from my water unit next to my tank. when I get home, I just pour some water into the tank.

it would last me about 3-4 days maybe more.

Do you have a glass cover that will cut back on the evaporation. Just how bad is it? What is the current temp. range?

i will go to a few pet stores and see if they sell the glass cover with the feeding door

cuboy, I think the fixture being right on top of the tank would just make more heat to have to deal with

Are you having heat issues?

The cover I got made by all glass is hinged in the middle and leaves open space in the back. Thing is if I remember right it cost as much if not more than the tank.

You can measure and get lowes or HD to cut you a piece nothing fancy just a rectangle.

Are you having heat issues?

The cover I got made by all glass is hinged in the middle and leaves open space in the back. Thing is if I remember right it cost as much if not more than the tank.

You can measure and get lowes or HD to cut you a piece nothing fancy just a rectangle.

anything wrong with using plexiglass for the top?

i am having problems with the coralife fixture if the mounting legs dont fit on a 5.5 and dont fit on a 2.5 what tank are they made for?????

I now wish i bought something else, oh well live and learn

Looks like you fixed the "legs being too short" issue.

ya i dont like this fixture either, i might go with the coralife 150 mh pendant

anybody have reviews of this light?

• 2 weeks later...

here is a few updates if anyone is interested.

is there a better way to upload pics? then the choose file button.

any ideas on a fish? maybe neon goby? and a sexy shrimp

post-23657-1225600481_thumb.jpg

post-23657-1225600606_thumb.jpg

post-23657-1225600750_thumb.jpg

Archived