Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lani's random photos

Lalani

Trippy good thing I just shot up

You're always trippin. :P

EL wire light painting?

Bingo! Happened to have some when I saw a tutorial for making the 'fire' in light paintings, going to give that a try too.

That's pretty freaking cool. Print'em, hang'em on the wall.

Thanks, I've always liked abstracts. :)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got mine on ebay for like $7. :)

Had some fun last night:

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1898_1.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

Need some practice and new locations. :)

Also, dusk is the best time, when there is still a little light left.

Very cool. It would be cool to step in on a 10 minute exposure to add the steel wool fire to a star trails shot.

Or a sunset photo. Maybe try to get the circle aligned with the sun that's setting on the horizon.

Hehe, yeah, I have lots of ideas for these techniques. That was a test run last night.. its not as easy as it looks. Even hit myself in the leg with the lit steel wool once, freaked me out. :/

Now that I know the right timing and spinning I'll try combining them, and do it earlier in the evening, or bring in my external flash and some gels to light the backgrounds.

Its a lot of work, but fun!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was really impressed with some of the locations more than anything. Some of the photos are spot on, but others are a little too HDR for my taste as well. That genre (HDR) isn't really my thing anyways. I'm more into macro, long exposure, and landscape.

• 1 month later...

Thanks. :)

Haven't gotten around to identifying them but I see them every year. They form patches on the oak and crape myrtle trees and are in a different spot each day, all huddled together. I like those big winged ones acting like guards/babysitters. Hmmm, where are my field guides...

Edit: Aha, found them! Cerastipsocus venosus Bark lice (beneficial)

http://bugguide.net/node/view/548562

santacreekfurrows

really like the shot of the sunset taken through the fence... these are some really nice pics... have you had any formal instruction on photography, or all self educated?

really like the shot of the sunset taken through the fence... these are some really nice pics... have you had any formal instruction on photography, or all self educated?

Thanks! I have a BFA in photography but that was strictly b&w darkroom artsy-fartsy stuff. I knew more about digital photography than the teacher, heh, so mostly self-taught. Had a few mentors when I started off, posting on an artist community board where I learned a good bit about compositions. :)

those bugs are creeping me out

I can't wait for more bugs to come out and play. I got the itch for macros right now. :happy:

I did a couple days ago! :P

I will get on that eventually, college is a little time consuming (in a good way).

• 3 weeks later...

Archived