Innovative Marine Aquariums

How high is your SG?

coolwaters

I bought a chilli coral from a guy that had salinity at 1.036.

All his fish were healthy and most of his corals too. Very strange.

Everything he had must have been accumulated to that SG. I personally wouldn't buy anything from a tank with a stupid parameter like that. Good thing it didn't die when you dropped it in your tank. :)

Everything he had must have been accumulated to that SG. I personally wouldn't buy anything from a tank with a stupid parameter like that. Good thing it didn't die when you dropped it in your tank. :)

That was the longest acclimation I ever did. :lol:

Before (a few hrs after I put it in)

chilli.jpg

After (roughly 24hrs later)

chilli2.jpg

AcroporaLokani

Mine has gone as low as 1.021 and as high as 1.028 but my corals (SPS, Soft, LPS) seem to prefer it at 1.023-1.024, When it goes higher than that my SPS stop extending there polyps so don't argue with me for keeping my SG low argue with my montipora :lol:

One time I was treating all my fish in hyposalinity.

I noticed my naso tang was crazy stressed out (dark with white spots) and all the other fish started looking sick. I tested the salinity and it was 1.005

I raised it back up to 1.009 right away and stayed up all night with them because I felt so bad that I let the salinity drop bellow 1.009. They all barely made it. I was so happy they all pulled through.

At least I know thier limits now.

Archived