SaltCritters.com

My 20H

Falcon_Punch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tank, love the orange blue shrooms!

I like the T5 idea. viewing the tank with t5 actinics post work is great, while letting the mh let the corals grow during the day. I'd set up chaeto in the fuge before getting a protein skimmer esp if you do weekly water changes and are cost conscious..but if you have the $, I'm sure the skimmer will help a lot.

Nice tank, love the orange blue shrooms!

I like the T5 idea. viewing the tank with t5 actinics post work is great, while letting the mh let the corals grow during the day. I'd set up chaeto in the fuge before getting a protein skimmer esp if you do weekly water changes and are cost conscious..but if you have the $, I'm sure the skimmer will help a lot.

Thanks! I have Caulerpa growing in my HOB fuge. I need to get rid of it...

• 5 months later...

just keep an eye on that overflow, it looks exactly like the one i have before i got my current one. The main issue with those are that they accumulate air at the top of the u tube. What i did to fix this was I drilled a hole that i stuck some airline tubing into and glued it in place, connected it to a aqualifter and had the water it was pumping out back into the tank, you may want to consider spraying that tube a darker but translucent color as it will grow a lot of algae in it.

Archived