Pod Your Reef

My 20H

Falcon_Punch

I finally got to start my 20H rebuild! I'm excited!!

After some multiple bad algea break outs I decided to break it down,clean it out,scrub and cook the rocks. I plan on adding a 20g sump with the addition of a phosban reactor and a decent skimmer(Taking suggestions!). I just need an overflow,return pump,and plumbing. I'm going to have 2,maybe 3,returns going into the tank. I'm trying to eliminate power heads and other in-tank equipment as much as possible. Will probably have the sump up and running next week.

Here's a pic of what it looked like before spit hit the fan:

Fish008.jpg

I currently don't have a pic of it now,the water is cloudy anyways. -_- Now just waiting...

I have a clown,a derasa,and what's left of my zoanthids. Can't wait to get 'em out of my sis' 10g!!! :angry:

I'm also looking for suggestions on a good skimmer.

Thanks for looking and your response! :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Falcon_Punch

10/01:

I Changed the right side of the aquascape alittle. I'm also going to do a water change and get an overflow and sump,cleanup crew,and some GSP and Xenia this weekend hopefully. Pics this weekend!

Falcon_Punch

New FTS,Gonna get rid of the rock on top.

Fish013.jpg

Pink Zoas:

Fish012.jpg

Red Goni Frag:

Fish011.jpg

Orange Zoas:

Fish010.jpg

:angry: Already have nasty algea!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Fish014.jpg

I have a 14,000k bulb i'm going to put in tomorrow,I currently have an older 10,000k bulb.

Thanks for lookin'!

Falcon_Punch
What happened to your tank prior to this one?

Caulurpa got into my tank and it went sexual while i was out of town :angry: When I got back it took over all my zoas and killed em...

• 1 month later...

Thanks! It's doing great! I have some blue and red mushrooms now! I should take pics of 'em! :D I will be getting a overflow and pump here real soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks NYFishGuy! :D And you will see more!

Last night I bought a green leather,Looked better under the FTS' mostly actinic T-5 lighting. And a good chunk of GSP. Thinking about getting a pair of pipefish for fish. Been reading up for a couple of months and the LFS guy says they would do fine. On with the pics!

My new Green leather,devil's hand I believe...

Fish001-2.jpg

Pink Palys and Redish,Orangish 'shrooms.

Fish002-2.jpg

Blue/Purple 'Shrooms

Fish003-1.jpg

Orange Zoas.

Fish004-1.jpg

My GSP I just put in about 2 hours ago. Hopefully it will be mostly open tomorrow.

Fish006-1.jpg

New FTS.

Fish005-1.jpg

very nice tank...what kind of lighting do you have??

Thanks :D 175w SE MH. I'm looking into getting some T-5s for actinics.

You're tank looks awsome!

:angry:

Looks like everything is coming along great. I hope you keep that alea under control. What do you use for a Clean Up Crew

Thanks! :D

I actually chiseled all that algea off that rock and took out the algea covered PH. :angry: Hope I've seen the last of it...

CUC is just 10 assorted snails,hermits,and 1 turbo snail. That's about it.

Nothing has changed since lthe last pics,Rearranged some stuff. I'll take pics tomorrow. A LFS got some good stuff in but they closed at 4pm today :angry: So I'll have to wait 'till next weekend or tuesday,If i have any money left from holiday shopping...

-Redman:How's your tank doing?

Hello thurr

Tank is looking very nice so far!

in the first pic of your tank prior..I see a choclate chip star, how did it behave in your tank..I always thought they were not reef safe but think they are cool

Maria

Hello thurr

Tank is looking very nice so far!

in the first pic of your tank prior..I see a choclate chip star, how did it behave in your tank..I always thought they were not reef safe but think they are cool

Maria

Thanks! :happy:

Everyone says they're not but mine never got near my corals or rarely climbed too high on the rocks.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks! :happy:

Everyone says they're not but mine never got near my corals or rarely climbed too high on the rocks.

love the tank falcon! i really like your rockwork...looks like mine! =P good work...ill be tagging along.

love the tank falcon! i really like your rockwork...looks like mine! =P good work...ill be tagging along.

Thanks man! Your tank is looking good! We know what's good! I'm,Hopefully,getting some corals tomorrow

Thanks man! Your tank is looking good! We know what's good! I'm,Hopefully,getting some corals tomorrow

yeah...lol i just got a new coral. the ora roscoe's blue and omgomgomg OMG it is the bluest coral ive ever seen.

Archived