Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

High ph.

thebrainbot

You know .. there are things such as vigor and enthusiasm.... and then there are antagonistic and snide.

In other words there are much better ways to get your point across, or to prove your point then what I have been seeing out of ya lately bare. Your better then that buddy. I know its frustrating. I go through it too. But you don't have to be antagonistic with along with your explanation. :D Even if things do turn out to be mythical or other wise. ;)

I know I know. You are right and for that I sincerely apologize to anyone who has taken offense to my comments or attitude. I do get frustated which is unfair. The truth is I'm only trying to help and with topics such as these it is VERY hard to get people to listen to you because they have been engrained in peoples heads for so long (like the earth being flat).

I also get frustrated with people giving bad advice. Again, this is not fair. They obviously learned that information from someone else and I could be MUCH nicer about my delivery.

Again, I'm truly sorry for being a dick wad.

Prop, thanks for calling me on it. Had it been anyone else I would have told them to climb a tree.

OKay... did a water test.

The LFS water has a ph that is at the lowest end of the high range ph meter (forgot to write it down, 7.6? or 7.8?). So... its the salt thats raising it. I'm making a new batch to measure the ph straight from there.

The other measurements I have of the current tank water are :

SG 1.025

Calcium 400-420

DkH 8-9

Nitrate 0

Phosphate 0

Ammonia 0-.25

Nitrite 0

Don't have a test for normal Alk... I'll take some water and have the LFS do a full test.

Surprised that the neither of the big API tests kits do Alk.

OKay... did a water test.

The LFS water has a ph that is at the lowest end of the high range ph meter (forgot to write it down, 7.6? or 7.8?). So... its the salt thats raising it. I'm making a new batch to measure the ph straight from there.

The other measurements I have of the current tank water are :

SG 1.025

Calcium 400-420

DkH 8-9

Nitrate 0

Phosphate 0

Ammonia 0-.25

Nitrite 0

Don't have a test for normal Alk... I'll take some water and have the LFS do a full test.

Surprised that the neither of the big API tests kits do Alk.

The API KH (Carbonate Hardness) is the Alk test.

I know I know. You are right and for that I sincerely apologize to anyone who has taken offense to my comments or attitude. I do get frustated which is unfair. The truth is I'm only trying to help and with topics such as these it is VERY hard to get people to listen to you because they have been engrained in peoples heads for so long (like the earth being flat).

I also get frustrated with people giving bad advice. Again, this is not fair. They obviously learned that information from someone else and I could be MUCH nicer about my delivery.

Again, I'm truly sorry for being a dick wad.

Prop, thanks for calling me on it. Had it been anyone else I would have told them to climb a tree.

That's EXCEPTIONALLY decent and big of you, bdare. Few people, in my experience, will man-up like that. A tip-o-the-hat to ya!

The Propagator

He really is a stand up fella. That's why I said something ( and the only person I would have been so nice about it to honestly ) He is full of invaluable information and always happy to help. :)

Ok .. so..... Here is what I have been completely obliterated on and proven wrong about what will or will not raise PH by its self.....

Lime stone

Aragonite

What will raise ph if not cured properly ( which I already said )

cement

lava rock

BTW I FULLY intend on signing up with a "throw away account" on the other site and lighting up a couple people in what has now become a bash prop thread on RC. I told you this would happen on there......

The place is a douche bag factory.

" I AM GOD. MY WORD IS GOLDEN. I KNOW ALL AND ANY ONE ELSE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE IS NOT MISTAKEN, THEY ARE SIMPLY A CROOKED LFS OWNER USING A SALES PITCH OR A CLOWN ! I HAVE SPOKEN !"

Basically what that thread turned into with a little bit of that antagonism I was talking about there Ben. ;)

What a surprise !

I was banned in 2.5 seconds after posting..... :haha:

Oh ... douche bag factory I say...

lol. i would offer to be the middle man, but i don't want to get banned (in case i need some used equipment in the future).

The Propagator

Meh..... who needs'em. The internet is a powerful tool.

I think I will keep this turdburglar running around chasing his tail trying to ban me permanently for a while though. God its fun messing with "thmart" people.

LOL. OMG dude... what did you post over there? I checked my email this morning and there were like 8 posts I couldn't read.

One question... why would you put cement in your tank that wasn't cured properly? Just to raise Ph? Why not use baked baking soda? I'd be afraid of what else was in the cement that could cause problems later down the line.

With regards to lava rock... isn't it mostly made of iron? I don't see how that would work either. Ideas?

He really is a stand up fella. That's why I said something ( and the only person I would have been so nice about it to honestly ) He is full of invaluable information and always happy to help. :)

Sometimes my delivery just sucks.

The Propagator
LOL. OMG dude... what did you post over there? I checked my email this morning and there were like 8 posts I couldn't read.

One question... why would you put cement in your tank that wasn't cured properly? Just to raise Ph? Why not use baked baking soda? I'd be afraid of what else was in the cement that could cause problems later down the line.

With regards to lava rock... isn't it mostly made of iron? I don't see how that would work either. Ideas?

Sometimes my delivery just sucks.

Dude my delivery sucks 99.9% of the time :D

Lava rock is comprised of more then iron. Its what may be on it or inside it that can leach back out that isn't iron that if you dot rinse and soak out will raise PH indirectly.

Ben... I swear I am gonna give you an E-beating ! :P

The suggestion wasn't to use uncured or improperly cured cement or DIY live rock in your tank. It was a question to the OP since they are using crushed coral and that wont raise PH.

A newby sure would use semi cured DIY rock if they didn't know any better ir were told it was good to go. That's why I asked... ;)

My 1st response over there was something like

" The clown says ask him your self boomer. Then pull that holier than though stick out of your bum and get back to earth with the rest of us hobbyists K :) and I would ask you to let every one know I was correct about the cement and DIY rock and the lava rock but you already did that unwittingly captain arrogant"

That was immediately deleted and my account was immediately banned.

So I signed up for a new account and said "you can ban me and delete my posts but you cant delete your arrogance "

which was deleted again and that account was banned..

SO I did it about 10-12 more time using proxy servers and gmail accounts saying "I can do this all night buddy ! :D DANCE MONKEY DANCE !!!" Inserting bare azz mooning pics and dancing monkeys until he closed the thread.

Then I started posting in the forum like " You suck at this hole ban thing huh ? "

I must have did that about 50 times last night. I did it so many times he finally stopped banning me and ignored me :haha:

:D

LMAO. I think we've beat this dead horse enough and in the process scared away all the people who were orginally watching this thread. I'm DONE posting on this subject :P

That is some funny stuff about RC. No wonder they won't let me post links to threads on this site anymore. Once I posted a question in the mod's forum about why... They said "certain individuals" had ruined it for the rest of us... I had a suspicion who... and I think I may have been right ;)

BTW... I'm kinky and LOOOOOVE e-beatings!

The Propagator

SUPA GHEY !!!

WTF Ben !

( BTW the only reason that RC thread ended up that way is because you lead me to them and them to me. Share it and like it big boy ! :D )

:P

WTF Ben !

( BTW the only reason that RC thread ended up that way is because you lead me to them and them to me. Share it and like it big boy ! :D )

LMAO. Soooo true. And the way I worded my question over there didn't help and I'm sure led to them calling you a clown.

SUPA GHEY !!!

I have only 2 comments to this:

1) I'm confortable in my man hood.

2) Everyone likes a lil spanking now and then!

Your not helping your case her Ben.

That spanking should be specified to come from a female counterpart.

Bah! If you close your eyes you can't tell the difference!

Archived