SaltCritters.com

My first SW tank - 9G NW9

TheStar

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
More pix please.... I love looking at your tank!

Thanks...I have such a hard time taking nice pics now. For some reason, with the LED's my camera just takes psychedelic pictures.

I see what you mean. The camera I use has that issue when I don't use the flash, but it is always dark. It is hard to get the white balance in control with it although using the flourescent fixture option helps a little.

Maybe someone else in the photography area like Lilani can help you out wish some advice on what you need to do to fix that.

• 2 weeks later...
I see what you mean. The camera I use has that issue when I don't use the flash, but it is always dark. It is hard to get the white balance in control with it although using the flourescent fixture option helps a little.

Maybe someone else in the photography area like Lilani can help you out wish some advice on what you need to do to fix that.

I would really like to start taking photos again.

Anyone else having trouble capturing photos with the LED's?

Also, may be looking to upgrade my camera soon. Any recommendations? The one I have now is the Olympus Sytlus 770SW. Its the waterproof 7.1MP camera.

callmesaul8889
I would really like to start taking photos again.

Anyone else having trouble capturing photos with the LED's?

Also, may be looking to upgrade my camera soon. Any recommendations? The one I have now is the Olympus Sytlus 770SW. Its the waterproof 7.1MP camera.

my gf has a similar camera, it's a 700 series of some sort. my mom also has a stylus 1010... I don't have LEDs, but what i use to capture is a sport setting + flourescent1 lighting setting + super macro + no flash. then i just adjust the exposure until i can get the correct amount of light. if i'm over exposing, all of the colors under the actinics look blue(similar to your pictures), but when i turn down the exposure a bit, i can get all of the greens and red and oranges to pop out.

good luck, and nice tank!

my gf has a similar camera, it's a 700 series of some sort. my mom also has a stylus 1010... I don't have LEDs, but what i use to capture is a sport setting + flourescent1 lighting setting + super macro + no flash. then i just adjust the exposure until i can get the correct amount of light. if i'm over exposing, all of the colors under the actinics look blue(similar to your pictures), but when i turn down the exposure a bit, i can get all of the greens and red and oranges to pop out.

good luck, and nice tank!

Oh, cool. Thank you for the feedback. I'll see if I can mess with the exposure.

Oh, cool. Thank you for the feedback. I'll see if I can mess with the exposure.

Wow! I love the tank! Wish my Coraline looked that good in my Nanowave! Do you think I could keep an anemone under the stock 2x24's? I did change em to 50/50's though...

Wow! I love the tank! Wish my Coraline looked that good in my Nanowave! Do you think I could keep an anemone under the stock 2x24's? I did change em to 50/50's though...

Thank you!

I had one in there for a while but I ended up trading it in. It seemed to do fine, but the tank is just so small and the temp fluctuates so much.

Just installed the MP10 in this thing. Boy does it move that water around. I had 2 powerheads in before and they don't even come close. I should have never waited this long.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Summer heat is coming and I am tired of the heat issues with this tank. I just purchased another BC 29 and I am going to be moving everything from this tank to that one.

Anyone have any tips?

How do I add the contents of this tank into the new one? In the new tank I do plan on adding additional live rock and will need more sand.

Should I let it cycle, then add the live rock and sand from this tank or will that make it cycle again?

Should I take most of the stuff from this tank and add it to the new tank for the cycle? (Leaving the fish, etc in the old tank while it cycles).

When you’re done transferring your specimens into there new bigger home, I would be interested in your NW9.

Okay, sounds good. I will be adding water to the new thank this weekend. Are you local to NH/MA? I was thinking of moving the lighting system to the new tank, but if your interested we can work something out.

• 4 weeks later...

How did the transfer go?? and how are your Onyx clowns doing? Mine have just reached a year old in age, and they are just beginning to get their thicker black in but it is coming in very slowly.

How did the transfer go?? and how are your Onyx clowns doing? Mine have just reached a year old in age, and they are just beginning to get their thicker black in but it is coming in very slowly.

Good, they like the extra room in the BC29 (especially the larger of the two). The smaller one still likes to hang out near the back corner close to the top. I'll put some pictures up soon. Still need to figure out what I am going to do for lighting in the new tank.

Archived