inTank Media Baskets

My first SW tank - 9G NW9

TheStar

Hey tank is looking good. Love those onyx clowns. I'm going to get a pair from him once my 15 is ready for my desk. BTW found the boxes for the replacement lights last night. I'll photograph them so you can see what I upgraded with.

Steve

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info on the lights. I added a scooter blenny and 2 scarlet hermits tonight and suckered the owner out of a small zooanthid coral plus i got food for every thing now i can sit back and watch my reef grow........lol he didnt want to give me the coral for way cheap at first cause its one of the smaller ones and he thinks it will be an awesome color i told him id post pics on its growth....il post here too once tank looks better need that cuc to get to work. Also i gotta give him props best store in northern CO www.monsterreef.com great lfs and he is a dedicated pet shop owner. other shop i go to is www.donstropicalfish.com great frag selection cheap too

Hey tank is looking good. Love those onyx clowns. I'm going to get a pair from him once my 15 is ready for my desk. BTW found the boxes for the replacement lights last night. I'll photograph them so you can see what I upgraded with.

Steve

Cool, let me know. I really think this thing is ready for some new lights. It seems the growth was great a few months back but has slowed down quite a bit lately.

More pics..

Diamond2-198.jpg

Diamond2-1.jpg

Hard to see here, but one of the Onyx clowns seems to be growing much faster than the other...

IMAGE_281.jpg

IMAGE_285.jpg

IMAGE_298.jpg

And the new BC29 project I'm working on...

IMAGE_139.jpg

IMAGE_137.jpg

IMAGE_132.jpg

Diamond2-182.jpg

A beautiful Melanurus Wrasse at my LFS that I would like to one day own...

IMAGE_129.jpg

Those are sweet ass clowns that he gave you. I really want a pair of those. And the BC29 is looking very good.

Thanks, I can't wait to see the color develop.

Nice tank i just set my Nano Wave 9 up 2 weeks ago i love it ........only thing im worried about is the tank is getting discontinued and the main display lamps are a special size as far as the pin configuration goes ....where are u getting replacements?

The Bio cube 14 uses the same lamps. They're Coralife 24 watt PC bulbs and are very available. Here's a link to some cheap replacements as well.

Bulbs

The Bio cube 14 uses the same lamps. They're Coralife 24 watt PC bulbs and are very available. Here's a link to some cheap replacements as well.

Bulbs

Thanks. Good Price. Just ordered 2 of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks. Good Price. Just ordered 2 of them.

Lights came in yesterday. I will be installing them today. Some pics in the meantime....

IMAGE_222-1.jpg

IMAGE_225-1.jpg

IMAGE_226-1.jpg

IMAGE_227.jpg

& the BC29 New Duncans First. These guys had a long strange trip from CA to NH...Lets hope they do still do okay...

IMAGE_251.jpg

IMAGE_256.jpg

IMAGE_257.jpg

IMAGE_193.jpg

IMAGE_195-1.jpg

Cleaning? This guy hasn't opened up in 2 days.. I wonder if there is too much flow there?

IMAGE_200-1.jpg

IMAGE_205-1.jpg

wow! :o

your tank is really coming along!!

any ideas on upgrading!?

goodluck B)

Thank you! :D There are actually 2 different sets of pictures. the first is the 9 Gallon and then the Biocube 29 (which I haven't started a thread for yet). The BC29 has some mods that I have read about here on nano-reef.com.

These pics have all been taken with my HTC Diamond Phone. I did order a new camera and I can't wait to see the difference in the pictures.

thats cool.

i just have a 15g that has a few corals in it and 1 fish, im taking it very slow.

good luck with your tank though!

Cool, do you have any pictures? Always looking for new ideas...

Great tank just got one myself

the powerhead is too weak so I am going to replace the stock with a rio 600

Not sure if you did this yet I only read first page!

Great tank just got one myself

the powerhead is too weak so I am going to replace the stock with a rio 600

Not sure if you did this yet I only read first page!

I read in one of the threads that the filtration system just couldn't keep up with the increased flow. Let me know how it works out for you.

I read in one of the threads that the filtration system just couldn't keep up with the increased flow. Let me know how it works out for you.

filtration system?

what you mean exactly because after i wrote that i saw you added a koralia nano or something?

im confused hahaha

filtration system?

what you mean exactly because after i wrote that i saw you added a koralia nano or something?

im confused hahaha

Are you talking about the return pump in the back? Or adding a powerhead in the tank itself? I do have a Koralia in the the tank.

Can't get the chaeto to grow back there. Anyone have any success with chaeto in chamber 2? Its there and its alive, but it just won't grow. It must be the lighting, perhaps a submersible light would be better.

Archived