Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mischeif Nite's 10g (DIY Tunze Calcium Dispenser)

Mischeif Nite

Mischeif Nite

Here's the small DIY rack

fragrack1-1-09.jpg

Just the usual egg crate and mag float painted black.....cleans up the sand a bit, no more frags laying over the place

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet little setup! The ORA stuff is addicting, the plugs make mounting them rough. Cant wait to see the grow out, that setosa/bonsai/monti section is gonna be sweet!

Mischeif Nite
Sweet little setup! The ORA stuff is addicting, the plugs make mounting them rough. Cant wait to see the grow out, that setosa/bonsai/monti section is gonna be sweet!

Thanks!! Yeah, I've found the Dremel is the best answer for ORA plugs and definitely can't wait for the frags to grow out myself. Unfortunately, I've already moved the setosa...I think it was getting too much flow there...and the rainbow is going to go right under where it is now where I'm removing the GSP. I put the Borealis where the Setosa was and so far so good.

• 3 weeks later...
Mischeif Nite

I've been researching the Tunze Calcium Dispenser for supplementing my dosing and by looking at it figured.....hey, I can make that....

So, here's the Tunze

tunzedispenser2.jpg

Basically just a water bottle with some tubing right?......

And here's mine....

calcium.jpg

Simple but, so is the Tunze and without the $110 price tag

Got it runnin' and it's workin' like a champ

Mischeif Nite
haha hell yeah man.. DIY rules.

haha....thanks....that avatar is HARD-CORE

Sweet tank and DIY! How does it and the tunze work? CO2 and media?

Thanks, No CO2, No media......just Kalkwasser. I already have the Osmolator (Tunze ATO) So when the ATO comes on it pushes RO water through the bottom of the bottle of mixed Kalkwasser/RO and out the top into my sump....."dosing" a little bit of "limewater" everytime it tops off. Kalk keeps PH up, Alk up, and can precipitate phosphates and make protein skiming more efficient

interested in the tunze calc reactor, how does it work?
Thanks, No CO2, No media......just Kalkwasser. I already have the Osmolator (Tunze ATO) So when the ATO comes on it pushes RO water through the bottom of the bottle of mixed Kalkwasser/RO and out the top into my sump....."dosing" a little bit of "limewater" everytime it tops off. Kalk keeps PH up, Alk up, and can precipitate phosphates and make protein skiming more efficient

Have a pic of it hooked up?

Mischeif Nite
Have a pic of it hooked up?

No, I'll try to get one up soon........not much to it though......tube coming out of RO bucket with check valve into calcium dispenser.......tube coming out of the top of dispenser into last chamber of sump......simple

• 4 months later...

Archived