Coral Vue Hydros

Let's See Your LFS Steal

Aqua newbie

Rarest/most expensive LIVING thing in my tank is a/an...  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Rarest/Expensive

• FISH
    • CORAL
    • INVERT
    • ALGAE
    • ???

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Hey timinator that one red and speckled polypf from your large colony of zoas, do you have any idea of what it's called. I picked up a rock that had one on there and now it has about five or six of them.

coralsNjerak008.jpg

I also picked up this colony for 18 bucks on sale. I went back for more the following day and they were back up to around 45 bucks.

PPE's 15bucks

frags006-1.jpg

In my tank in the bottom right corner

12gT2016.jpg

Hate to be the deliverer of bad news but those aren't PPE's.... all PE's have linear mouths not round ones :( sorry

gulfsurfer101
Hate to be the deliverer of bad news but those aren't PPE's.... all PE's have linear mouths not round ones :( sorry

They are, just don't show up that way in the pic. They look like little slits but I'm taking these photo's with a 2.0 MP digi from 1987 pretty much and my photo taking ablilities are amature at best. They actuall caught the follow of their ways and pulled out all the frags that had these on them out of their bin or one of their employee's took them home to his tank.

Hey timinator that one red and speckled polypf from your large colony of zoas, do you have any idea of what it's called. I picked up a rock that had one on there and now it has about five or six of them.

Yours is a bit different from what I have. I had some of those in my old tank, dont think they have a name though.

Bought what i thought was a rock but really was a 4-5inch clam that had 5 yumas growing on it + another rock that had 3 yumas growing on it for $60. I asked the guy is it $60 for the 2 pieces or just one? He laughed and was like " ahh F*ck it...." lol Since I've purchased them 2 more yumas babies have grown and the others have gotten bigger. They are yellow,green, and purple yumas.

I have not gotten some good deals like some others but this guy was one head that was on some LR i bought. 6-8 months later it looks like this....Anyone know what these are called?

a0c5d156.jpg

Great LFS in Colorado, $10.00 each frag pictured below:

Zoas, 4 red shrooms, 2 hammers:

f_0854.jpg

Digiata:

f_0853.jpg

neon green polyp leather:

f_0867.jpg

Better pic of Red Shrooms:

f_0865.jpg

+1 definitely not PPE's

I got this orange lobo for $2.99. It has 3 heads. Not the best picture but it's the closest I've got to it's true color.

342304202.jpg

And, a local reefer gave me this 5-headed frogspawn for free. :happy:

342729295.jpg

I have not gotten some good deals like some others but this guy was one head that was on some LR i bought. 6-8 months later it looks like this....Anyone know what these are called?

a0c5d156.jpg

Not sure what they are called but I have those too. Fastest growing polyps ever! I've probably got 20 frags from 1 frag in less than a year.

I got a bunch of deals from places in the past...but these are the most recent from a trip to Mr.Coral. All coral was buy one get one free.

Orange fungia and five headed duncan for $40

IMGP1909.jpg

IMGP1915.jpg

Blushing leather and a gorgonian with a few zoos at its base for $70

IMGP1916.jpg

IMGP1911.jpg

A zoo frag, kenya tree frag, mushroom and zooanthid frag, and snake polyp frag for $10

IMGP1913.jpg

IMGP1910.jpg

IMGP1914.jpg

Four ricordia for $24 (each has two mouths)

IMGP1907.jpg

IMGP1908.jpg

Everything looks much better in real life.

These aren't actually from LFS's but still a steal no doubt.

5 bucks! Florida Acropora nearly 2 inches.

1acro2.jpg

10 dollars. Aqua blue Millepora 7 branches.

1aquabluemillepora.jpg

30 dollars. Setosa Montipora

1setosa.jpg

10 dollars Unknown Montipora

1unknownmonti.jpg

Free! Ring of fire zoa DBTC from local club.

ringoffiregood.jpg

So, are these considered a steal?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived