Innovative Marine Aquariums

DT's Caribbean Biotope

dtfleming

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big_Bruddah77

I LOVE THE GORGS!!!!! I PLAN ON BUYING SOME FROM SEA LIFE INC AS WELL. DID YOU GET THE NANO SIZED ONES? IS THAT THE ORANGE SEA ROD IN THE CENTER?

Sorry for the ignorance but if the siphon ever breaks on your overflow u-tube, what keeps the tank from overflowing caused by the sump pump continuing to pump water until it has no more?

Picture1136.jpg

Picture1135.jpg

Picture1134.jpg

Picture1133.jpg

Picture1132.jpg

Nice. Where did you get the purple Gorg? If it's the type I think it is, they only can be found in one specific area.

From Sealife

I LOVE THE GORGS!!!!! I PLAN ON BUYING SOME FROM SEA LIFE INC AS WELL. DID YOU GET THE NANO SIZED ONES? IS THAT THE ORANGE SEA ROD IN THE CENTER?

Yes it is and yes i got it from the nano section

Sorry for the ignorance but if the siphon ever breaks on your overflow u-tube, what keeps the tank from overflowing caused by the sump pump continuing to pump water until it has no more?

Spanko good question. I havent had a problem yet. The overflow picks right back up after a power loss. I know the cpr and the other brand use an aqua lifter pump to keep the siphon going. I also take them apart once and awhile to clean them and make sure they dont lose the siphon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tks, cept algae all over the place. i added somemore rics and i need to get a mithrax crab to help mow it down. I have also been trying to find any caribbean lps or sps which is damn near impossible as you cant collect it.

• 2 weeks later...

Picture1428.jpg

Picture1429.jpg

Baby nudis anyone

Picture1430.jpg

Picture1431.jpg

Picture1432.jpg

Picture1433.jpg

Plating coralline algae

Picture1434.jpg

Picture1435.jpg

Trying to get a picture of this blueish macroalgae that is growing up like a mushroom

Picture1436.jpg

Picture1437.jpg

Picture1438.jpg

Got some Florida porties on the way Tks to Prop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

torn down two tanks and now have an aquapod in its place. Going from having 5 tanks down to three. I have the 40br, 24gal aquapod and a 10gal in the basement.

• 1 month later...
Mike Maddox

It sure was neat! In the process of downsizing myself...I managed to stuff an 20L into an BC8...we've gone from 7 tanks to 3 in the last month! o.O

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to be a lot of that going around. I took down Ghetto Beauty and moved my jetties nano to a bigger tank. Just.....too....many.....tanks!

• 2 months later...
Order came in today from SeaLife Florida. Nice stuff and a couple of freebies from Ken.

Picture1056.jpg

Picture1057.jpg

Picture1058.jpg

Picture1059.jpg

What kind of fish is that?

Archived