inTank Media Baskets

drfunks jbj nano cube yay!

drfunk

the tubing is actually just to make the powerhead break the surface tension of the water temporarily. I just recently added a bayco compact flourescent work light to the hood. hardly enough room but i got it to fit. I ordered a 50/50 bulb for it today. So i now have an additional 13 watts making it 37 so that is a little better than the 24 watt stock light. not much room for anything else. You could also put a bookworm over the filtration area and make a refugium but my temp already has to be controlled to 79 to 81 with a fan.

i just drilled a hole right above the feeding lid. then use a strong rubber band to hold it up. The only problem is that the water line has to be right below the black edge. then i just ran the wire through the back of the hood. the light sits only a quarter of an inch off of the water so i put some water proof tape around the endcaps.

Hi all, this is my first post. Just got a JBJ 12G and am setting up the area.

Do you think the rubber band might get eaten away over time? (the ones holding the new light) Maybe use some plastic zip-ties instead just to be safe.

(Have been installing a GFCI today so electricity is on the brain..)

sorry to answer a question addressed to someone else but the timing was to good to pass up...

they have a cheeper light than that... that one is almost dubble the price due to the outlet on it. I just bought one today and it is sitting disassembled (took all of a minute) here in front of me on the desk. they are super easy to take apart and modify to make the ballast remote.

4 screws and a little plastic plug and bam.. your done.

mine is exactly as shown in my picture it is better than those because no taking apart is necessary and it is rubber for better waterproofing. It was on clearance at the local lowes for 9.90 right by the xtension cords.

Archived