SaltCritters.com

help id this thing pls

fish_chips

so i went to grab the rock where my shrooms were, and when i picked it up... on the bottom was this thing. ill post a couple of pics... couldnt get a good shot with zoom.

what is it? is it good or bad?

post-38082-1219373386_thumb.jpg

pretty sure its cancer.

on a more serious note it looks pretty normal but I dont know exactly what i am looking at :huh:

pretty sure its cancer.

on a more serious note it looks pretty normal but I dont know exactly what i am looking at :huh:

hope its nothing bad

search for killing aptesia and follow the instructions, same applies to mojito (sp?) anemones like that

Mojito?? You're supposed to drink those!

search for killing aptesia and follow the instructions, same applies to mojito (sp?) anemones like that

LMAO Mojito?! You kill those by drinking them!

Oh wait, you meant Mojano Anemone... LuLz

LMAO Mojito?! You kill those by drinking them!

Oh wait, you meant Mojano Anemone... LuLz

do i need to get rid of them?

Some people keep them because they say the won't become invasive and are pretty, others say they will take over a tank and multiply like crazy.

Your call, safety says remove it...

I know I am a "nooblet" but it looks kinda like a black sun polyp that is shriveled up...

But if everyone says its bad, welp they all know more than me so go with them.

I'm pretty sure it's a miniature cup coral. It's all shriveled up and you can see the hard skeleton. Touch it and you should be able to feel it.

look at coral: cup here

Looks like a Cup Coral (probably a brown cup - Paracyathus stearnsi).

As for anemone, M would probably be Mojano and that is not a Mojano. Way too many people just guessing and saying kill things these days. QT it and watch it grow and then decide, if your worried.

Archived