Cultivated Reef

Skydive's 46 Bow

skydive

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds

I should have gone with the MP40 myself... <_< *kicking self in arse* I really should do the upgrade tho

Even though the Vortech is a really cool pump, I still wind up with a power head or two for directing flow where needed. Perhaps a bump to the CUC would do the trick or just more frequent turkey baster utilization :P

hope the little bonsai frag pulls through :)

Looking forward to the pics.

Picture053.jpg

Picture-1.jpg

Better or worse? I filled in that big empty space with a rock from the fuge, all kinds of junk came out of it when I shook it in the water change bucket. Should help out the detritus build up and bring some additional life to the main display with the 3 clams attached to it. I have a Koralia 2 laying around and I'm going to put it on the back glass facing the inside of that big pile o rocks there.

• 2 weeks later...
nanoreefnate

Take those rocks back out of your maine tank. i think that you had a better aquascape before due to the fact that you were getting more flow with those rocks not there. also that cave looks UBER COOL.

But I just glued a Verde Acropora to it. For flow I now have a Mag 9.5 return instead of a 7 and a Koralia 2 behind the rock where the cave was.

The low pH was due to excessive CO2 within the house, there's a window two feet from the tank that stays cracked during the day and a window fan blowing in fresh air at night. Since then the pH has went from 7.9 during the day to 8.2 and at night from 7.6 to 8. Sucks to keep the window open when the A/C is on but I have no other option until the fuge thickens up.

I'm hoping to get a load of macroalgae from johmaloney next week to help with that very issue.

Glad you're seeing improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Some more pictures :)

Picture068-1.jpg

Pavona Cactus has grown a lot since last year

Picture074.jpg

German purple-polyped digi also a fast grower

Picture082.jpg

The coolest crab ever

Picture099.jpg

Hermits been sporting that shell for a while, it has a hole in the top of it and that's where it sticks out of :lol:

Fuge stuff is being shipped next Wednesday :happydance:

I ordered 5 Red Mangroves, Shaving Brush, Pencil Cap, Mermaid's Shot Glass, and Gracilaria. Pictures to come.

The fuge stuff got here early :happy: looks much better then the wasteland it once was.

Picture108.jpg

The mangroves won't be that way much longer. Any suggestions for what I should do with them? When a few of them grow out more I'll take the rest to locals. Ordered 5, received 19 :D thanks John!

So glad everything got there okay, looks good!

You got the same Graciliara I did, it looks like.

See if anyone in the Chatt. Reef Club wants some.

I traded my extra's for Acan frags at the last local Frag Swap.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Weetie, so far no one wants the extras and here in the next few weeks I'm going to plant them in a pot and have them as house plants. Need to read up on acclimating them to fresh water, some of them have started growing roots.

Finally found a Orange Plate Coral Friday at a LFS and compared to the other LFS I got a heck of a deal. I paid $40 for it and the expensive store wants $140 for theirs :o

More pictures to come :)

Archived