Cultivated Reef

Chrissy's 72 gallon bow

Chrissy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrific tank Chrissy !! I also have a 72 bow and I'm looking to upgrade it because I just don't like the way it looks now and I want to scrap my canister filter. If you don't mind could you post a picture of your sump setup? How were you able to get it in the stand under the tank? Did you put it in before you set the tank on? I have a bit of a heat problem here too as the days sometimes get up over 100° but I do like that Orbit light and may have to put one on my tank.

Terrific tank Chrissy !! I also have a 72 bow and I'm looking to upgrade it because I just don't like the way it looks now and I want to scrap my canister filter. If you don't mind could you post a picture of your sump setup? How were you able to get it in the stand under the tank? Did you put it in before you set the tank on? I have a bit of a heat problem here too as the days sometimes get up over 100° but I do like that Orbit light and may have to put one on my tank.

Thanks for the compliments everone! :D

I have a picture of the sump on the first page...we did have to put it in before we set the tank on top of the stand.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1766300 It's dirtier now, and we added an ATO that's hooked up to the RODI filter in the kitchen pantry behind it.

I took a few things out to put in the new 54 gallon, and then had to remove most of the zoas AGAIN :( Some of them got the pox...I don't know if I will put them back in this time. I dipped them in Furan2 again and they are all back in the 5 gallon on the kitchen counter.

Thanks for the compliments everone! :D

I have a picture of the sump on the first page...we did have to put it in before we set the tank on top of the stand.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=1766300 It's dirtier now, and we added an ATO that's hooked up to the RODI filter in the kitchen pantry behind it.

I took a few things out to put in the new 54 gallon, and then had to remove most of the zoas AGAIN :( Some of them got the pox...I don't know if I will put them back in this time. I dipped them in Furan2 again and they are all back in the 5 gallon on the kitchen counter.

Don't know how I missed that picture. I'm experimenting with a CPR Aquafuge2 hang on fuge that I just got set up today. I'm hoping it will get the job done for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Update time! Thanks everyone for the great comments!

It's been a hell of a month for the tank :( I noticed red bugs on my acros, so I had to take all of the acros out and dip them in Melafix, then quarantine them, so as of now, only a few acros are back in their spots, and the rest are in quarantine. I lost one of my new acans...it just started receeding, and I couldn't stop it even after fragging and dipping. The zoas all closed up again, so they are back in quarantine ( I tried a melafix and pimafix dip on them, and surprisingly, they are coming back around...including the AOGs. We lost Grandpa, the lawnmower blenny :( he wouldn't eat anything but hair algea, and I ran out of it in the tank, tried putting more in from the 54 gallon, and then moved him to the 54 gallon, but it was too late :( And then... this morning I woke up to my 12 year old yelling to me that the tank was overflowing! The aqualifter got clogged and the koralia that was closest to the top was spraying the water out because the water level got all the way up!

All parameters are in check...so I have no idea what's going on...very frusterating!

Anyway...here's a FTS taken this afternoon...

ftsact.jpg

• 1 month later...
Wow sorry to hear about all youre problems. Hopefully everything will pull through

Thanks Gerber :)

I took a bunch of stuff out to put in the 54 gallon, and moved stuff around, so it looks a little less crowded now, and things seem to be doing much better!

2fts111108.jpg

fts111108.jpg

Wow, sorry to hear about all that trouble, but your tank still looks awesome. Hows the Pagoda doing? My mother colony is completely healed over and has a few hundred new polyps all over it and has grown at a crazy rate. Time to frag again :P

Thanks! :D

It is doing great...lots of new polyps on this one, too! You can see it on the far right, although it's not opened up all the way in the pics...it usually looks amazing!

• 6 months later...

Update 6 months late...

The tank is almost a year old now! I had a hard time for a while there and lost most of my LPS(acans, brains,torch,scoly,candycane), my large green/purple rim monti cap, large pocci, yellow tang, and lawnmower blenny. Most of my zoas are still in my husband's 54 gallon. Everything else is doing well now. I got a few new things...my favorite is my new baby gold maxima.

Here are a couple of pics

actinic51109.jpg

5_9_09.jpg

babymax5909.jpg

Needreefunds

Chrissy! :o

Nice to hear from you again. Tank looks great.

Sorry about the losses tho :(

OK, so we'll hear from ya again around the holidays I guess? :huh:

:P

Chrissy! :o

Nice to hear from you again. Tank looks great.

Sorry about the losses tho :(

OK, so we'll hear from ya again around the holidays I guess? :huh:

:P

:lol:

NOPE! I just brought the 20H back from the dead, so I'll be around for a while! :P

seahorsejl

The picture with all of the LPS made my heart skip a beat. :wub:

What happened which caused their loss? Just curious, as LPS is a favorite of mine, and am planning on slowly stocking up my 75g with lot more sand dwelling ones.

The picture with all of the LPS made my heart skip a beat. :wub:

What happened which caused their loss? Just curious, as LPS is a favorite of mine, and am planning on slowly stocking up my 75g with lot more sand dwelling ones.

I really don't know what happened. All of my parameters checked out okay except for nitrates being a little high and magnesium a little low. I started dosing magnesium and I did a lot of big water changes that helped. I'm thinking it was some kind of bacterial thing or something got sprayed to close to the tank...we have 4 kids...so anything is possible!

Just a little update :)

I moved a few things around, finally stuck my flower anemone (aka snail muncher) in a QT soap dish thingy, got a new fish and have been messing with my T5s. My new fish is a little powder brown tang...just in yesterday and I named him Wilbur. I took out my Current 420nms and replaced them with Guissemann Aquablues...not sure if I like it yet. I kinda miss my blues.

Here's a new pic from tonight...

72bow52109.jpg

scottyreef

Pretty pretty there chrissy. Really keep up on your MG it is a commonly overlooked part of a reef tank i use a combination of Magnesium Sulfate and Magnesium Chloride from bulkreefsupply to keep mine up.It is by far one of the cheapest ways to go to get you MG inline

Pretty pretty there chrissy. Really keep up on your MG it is a commonly overlooked part of a reef tank i use a combination of Magnesium Sulfate and Magnesium Chloride from bulk reefsupply to keep mine up.It is by far one of the cheapest ways to go to get you MG inline

Thanks, Scotty! I actually just received my kit from Bulk Reef Supply today. I had been using Seachem supplements from the LFS, but hear good things about Bulk Reef...much cheaper, too!

Archived