inTank Media Baskets

HOB refugium from MarineDepot

iglowce

is that better than the CPR refuge/skimmer combo? and the skimmer alone , is it better than my aquaC pro remora?

is that better than the CPR refuge/skimmer combo? and the skimmer alone , is it better than my aquaC pro remora?

remora> cpr, but that's not to say that the cpr is bad.

DIY the CPR refugium - skimmer isn't very difficult at all. You have the dimensions and the plumbing size is easy enought to figure out.

If it helps, the Sapphire AP24 skimmer fits very nicely into the medium CPR HOB initial chamber. I installed mine there and it produces a nice skimmate and allows me to have a HOB on the aquapod. There are lots of options for tossing a skimmer in there, or like thetaylors said, you could copy their design and built your own collection cup.

you guys probably dont know. im very bad with mechanical stuff. so for now heres my plan: imma wait a few months, then sell my HOB MH and PC fixture. then upgrade to a new MH/T5 fixtures. that would give me more space in the back. then i get the cpr one. thats it ;) for now imma keep my soap box and wait for my tank to mature more ;)

thanx for all the inputs

keep an eye on the classifieds and craigslist, I was able to get my CPR small fuge (no skimmer), a 10g glass tank, and Current Orbit 80watt PC light for $60

as far as hob refugiums go this seems like a nice one for not a lot of coin

http://www.midnightsunaquaculture.com/stor...sp?itemid=24568

has a surface skimmer, light and extra area for filtration chamber and waterfall return

was thinking about for my 10 gallon

and putting some mangroves in it since i have heard such good things about mangroves

THIS. I want more more info on this product, it seems too good to be true.

Apparently this one leaked:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1743059

Archived