inTank Media Baskets

Acoustic's REEFTANK! August '03

Acoustic

Acustic I love what you have do with the tank! adding all that red slime algea and all I mean! Bwha ha hahaaaaaa! (J/K)

Tomorrow I am getting rid of my fish and sun coral! Then my bio load will be virtually non existant. Sometime waaaaayyyyy into the future I will get a very small goby or something.

Get a red headed goby. They stay small forever and eat very few. Sun coral is not a good idea in small nano for sure, unless you want to change water every 3-4 days or so. I have a sun coral in my 18gal and I have to turn on the skimmer for 12hrs every day to keep up. Although I feed it only 2 times per week.

Cyber

yup .i had the same problem when i first cycled my tank.i just siphoned out the cyno at every water change and ran the lights for only 8 hours a day and the cyno was gone in a week

What kind of water are you using? if your using tap water for water changes that will cause algea, diatoms and cyanno (SP?) if you are using tap change to RO water.

If you are not using tap water sypon out all the infected sand and reduce the amounts of additives that you are adding for a few weeks.

Test your nitrates and make sure they are in line.

That should clear up your problem. Old tubes lead to problems too if your lights are around 12 months old replace them that will help also.

hope this fixes the problems for ya

smokey

Archived