ReefCleaners.org

AGA 16 Gallon Bowfront

plapczynski

I am still in the beginning phase right now. I currently have an AGA 10 gallon tank with just sand, filtration, water and heater. My LF has the new 16 Gallon Bowfront on sale for $58.00 with the hood/light.

My real questions are...

Anyone using these yet?

I know I will have to swap out the stock lighting. I was thinking an AHA retrofit kit for the existing hood. How much lighting can I expect and will it be enough for the tank?

Any pros/cons in swapping out?

Thanks,

Paul

Well after taking my sample of water to teh lfs to see if my kit was wacked and then coming out with the same results that i got i got a new fish today and moved my anemone from my old tank to the new one. Within 5 minutes the new fish took to the anemone.....and let me tell u I felt like a proud dad and that moment. :*(

Eddie

You have a couple of options. What I did was not to take the stock hood. I first used the 2 x 40 Power Compact w/ moonlight that is going to be used in my other nano and started it off with that. Then when the MH came in i switched it out. I didn't even look at the stock hood since this tank is rather deep I knew that nothing i put in there would light the tank enough for the sole reason I wanted a nano and thats to get a clam. So i guess you kinda have to think what your goal as far as livestock is before you decide on the lighting system.

Eddie

Archived