SaltCritters.com

JBJ 12 gallon nano questions for owners!

yOyOYoo

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by yOyOYoo

suke, if your setup turns out nice, maybe you could help me with mine =) i'm in the 626, San Gabriel Area

Where to buy the Nano cube ?

• 3 weeks later...

well it's late...about 11p.m. and my friend that owns the lfs near me got in a bunch of these bayou 12 gallon cubes. they are identical to the jbj is what he tells me. i am gonna go pick one of these up from him and take a look. i will try out different lights. moonlights/another 24 watt pc etc etc and will get back to you guys. also i will try to turn the wet/dry into a fuge for those who would dig that. more updates comming tommorrow morning.

I'm using a "Boyu" tank, but it looks exactly the same as the one's that you have, sump at the back etc etc. do yours also have two fans above the sump? and do you use them or have you disconnected them? I found that my water loss was, well, a lot ;) have any of you had the same problem?

thane i have the boyu "knock off" tank also. here are the differences. the pump seems really weak, maybe i did soemthign wrong but i dont get too much flow from it. the light is not 24 watts it is 18. it has 2 fans built in. that's about it. i will be retr fitting mine with 2 28 watt pcs and will have full step by step instructions with pics. what i hope to do is have the original on/off switch work with the retro.

Originally posted by tow-up

thane i have the boyu "knock off" tank also.  here are the differences.  the pump seems really weak, maybe i did soemthign wrong but i dont get too much flow from it.  the light is not 24 watts it is 18.  it has 2 fans built in.  that's about it.  i will be retr fitting mine with 2 28 watt pcs and will have full step by step instructions with pics. what i hope to do is have the original on/off switch work with the retro.

Shouln't be too hard. I'm trying to seal up the holes in the sump baffles so i can get a little water movement and a place to add maybe a small top off system. I'm going to try and half build a small skimmer. Another reason why i want to seal up the holes is because i want to be able to drain the pump area only, and add an iceprobe, because the heat from the lights make it sorta hot. Plus there's already a shrimp, liverock and a fish in the tank. Cant drain it to drill it.

All in good time though.

Went and bought a new "powerhead" for the tank, to get more water movement, but the main reason was that there were no bubbles been formed with the pump that I got with the tank. The new pump works great, bubbles and all, until I add the 90degree elbow, then, no bubbles... any ideas would be great. Thanks :-)

Why don't I want micro bubbles in the tank? I have read that they keep the PH up, isn't that a good thing? And yip, I put the new pump where the old one used to be... works great...

actually my friend got my tank for me at some place in Rowland Heights

I think I need more flow. i currently use the stock flow and a rio 50, the smallest Rio.

Coralline has started to grow quite nicely all over the rocks.

However I still have some cyano bacteria. I went on a 2 week trip and when I came back, there was cyano everywhere. Now most of it is gone, just gonna wait another week or so to finally start getting some corals! whoo hoo can't wait!

A peice of Lexan inbetween the carbon and the second "baffle" in the back makes pretty good for sealing up the holes. Now the tanks water level its steady and the water somewhat trikles into the second chamber. I'm thinking about making it some sorta fuge. But it does need more flow going from the sump to the maintank. I was thinking of a rio as well and some tubing etc...

We'll see

Archived