inTank Media Baskets

Dwarf shortfin Lionfish

clownfish617

clownfish617

hello again! i have made up my mind about what i want which is the dwarf lion i will put him/her in a 29 gallon tank [alone] with some fake and live rock [10-15 lbs]

here is the total

i have the tank

i have the lights

sea clone skimmer 79.98

a glass canopy 24.99

2 20 gal power filters 45.98

2 nano koralia power heads 51.98

heater 50 watts 19.39

other things will be added

i might need a stand though

and the lionfish

[all from www.thatfishplace.com]

the total is $221.23 this is everything needed i think

if this seems like it is to much please tell me

thanks a million!

Skip the skimmer - water changes are less hassle than that POS. Are you going to keep any corals? If it's just the lionfish, you only need one powerhead, and you can take out a filter. They eat and poop a lot, but if that's the only bioload in the tank water changes would be sufficient. If you are planning on corals then the setup (minus the skimmer) looks great.

I used to have a dwarf fuzzy in a 29g, before a tragic bowel obstruction did him in. :( Tip: vary the types of foods you feed it. IF you really want a cheap skimmer, get the Taam Rio Nano Skimmer. It's a great little skimmer for about $35.

Good luck!

gulfsurfer101

I wanted to pick up a fu man chu lion fish purple and red, 55 bucks was just too much tough.

clownfish617
Seaclones do suck, but you can mod them to be decent.

how can thery be modded?

and has anyone else has dwarf lions or even the big lionfish? any tank setup, equpiment and feeding tips

thanks to everyone

eklikewhoa

I have a dwarf fuzzy lion.

I have been collecting molly blennies from Galveston to feed my blennin as well giving her a piece of shrimp her and there. I feed her small portions and only about once a week....I do lots of water of water changes to keep things in check though.

FishFreak77

I had a bluefin lionfish for about two months before it decided to go carpet surfing. :tears: I fed it about every other day with krill. I kept him in a 30g long tank. He did well up until I added a good deal more flow to my tank which I believe stressed him out and caused his suicide. The extra flow caused him to get blown around the tank when he extended his fins.

Archived