SaltCritters.com

badbreads Biocube 14 softie type reef

badbread

Thanks for all the compliments all!!!

I just hooked my MightyMite RO/DI and cleaned up wires and stuff a bit. Pics to follow!

Thanks again!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WindCloudWRX

Hello.

I am wondering if you could take some pictures of the equipment or suggest me some help.

Are these BIOCUBEs all glass? Not acrylic?

Also, how's the 'stock' setup?

Where did you buy yours? I'm thinking about this or the AP12.

Every time I see your signature I keep telling myself that I'm going to look at your thread, so I finally did and it looks amazing! I love your montipora capricornis, and is that a hairy mushroom next to the gsp at the top?

Every time I see your signature I keep telling myself that I'm going to look at your thread, so I finally did and it looks amazing! I love your montipora capricornis, and is that a hairy mushroom next to the gsp at the top?

Thank you!!!

Yes, the top right of the tank are hairy mushrooms, actually fragged a piece of the rock because they are making babies like crazy.

Thanks!!

Thats what I thought, I have those exact same ones in my tank. It was a single 'shroom about 4-5 inches across but I sliced it in half and left it on the rock and it just finished healing and forming both mouths. Time to do it again to both of them now :D

Lol, the pictures are deceiving. I took those night shots with just the Sunpod moon lights on. 30 second exposure in a pitch black room with a tripod. I was trying to capture the colors like I see them. You can see some of the zoo's moved during the 30 seconds hence the blurring a little bit. I to am looking for a way to supplement acitinics on my BC but there just isn't any extra room.

Just came back for another look. Your tank is fascinating.. amazingly intricate.. absolutely beautiful!! Thanks for posting all the pics!!

First a big thanks to all who commented on my tank!!!

Borrowed my friends Nikon D50, didn't think the shots came out as good as the Canon but here you go:

Orange and yellow Zoa's

DSC_3422.JPG

Top down shot

DSC_3435.JPG

Super man mushroom I think

DSC_3440.JPG

Bernard on my "orange ricordea" -_-

DSC_3450.JPG

FTS

DSC_3468.JPG

FTS

DSC_3492.JPG

Side shot

DSC_3512.JPG

Wow I don't think thats a superman mushroom! I have never seen one with teal spots before, great score!

Thanks! I got really lucky with that frag, I think I payed like $15 for it before I knew anything about superman anything.

Thanks for all the compliments!

My purple rim monti cap got stung by something I think, 1/2 of it bleached out, I moved it over near the powerheads hoping it will recover.

Hi badbread, That's a huge investment on a nice wavemaker! How much did you pay for that Vortech?

And yes, the latest model of it is better compare to the previous one. Cos the old model will rust.

Have watch your video. Real nice! :happy:

If only I can afford -_-

Hi badbread, That's a huge investment on a nice wavemaker! How much did you pay for that Vortech?

And yes, the latest model of it is better compare to the previous one. Cos the old model will rust.

Have watch your video. Real nice! :happy:

If only I can afford -_-

Got it on the last couple days of the group buy and I am very happy with it so far!

Here is my other hobby/love/whatever... :)

Scout, the 45 pound cocker spaniel.

DSC03459.JPG

DSC03460.JPG

Wow, that looks like some pretty strong current.

Do your corals seem to like it better than the Koralia's?

What you gonna do with the Koralia's now?

Wow, that looks like some pretty strong current.

Do your corals seem to like it better than the Koralia's?

What you gonna do with the Koralia's now?

Current is very strong compared to before. If you watch the day time video around 10 seconds through 15 seconds you can see the clown fighting against the undertow created by the power head. Also at 57 seconds you can see the GSP flowing the other way and the clown fighting the undertow.

The corals are absolutely loving it. The frilly mushrooms up top right of the tank never inflated enough to cover the big monti cap on the top left (on the video at about 30 seconds)... After adding the MP20 they now touch the monti cap, I would say they inflate about 1/2" - 3/4" more than before.

I have a small frag of some unknown SPS that would only show about 4-5 polyp's at any one time before the MP20 and now I am seeing 15-20 polyps.

My pink zoa's bottom center are a bit larger than before and really extended out their skirts, my green monti cap has more polyp's showing than before, my pink(originally orange) monti cap now has polyp's visible (maybe they are stretching out more?), and my favia hates it. Speaking of which, I need to try and save it, it's getting way to much flow in the front left corner and has stopped putting out its feeding tentacles, showing its skeleton a bit, it needs to be saved...

Koralia's are sitting in some vinegar at the moment, might sell a couple or might keep them for when I get a bigger tank and setup this BC as a frag tank or something.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived