SaltCritters.com

80g cubish glass tank

cbort

actually here is what i will be ordering next week...

Green w/purple skirts/green mouth

Ice Blue w/green mouth

Bright green/green mouth (Rare)

Tru Blue/green mouth (Rare)

Orange/green mouth

2 tone Pink/green mouth (Rare)

Orange w/Blue Centers and skirt/green mouth

Blue Green/green mouth

Pink w/blue centers and skirts/green mouth (Rare)

Green/green mouth

Ultra Green/green mouth (Rare)

I belong to a club here in iowa and this guy is going to sell me one of every color he has for 110.00 plus shipping

I don't think they are going to be Ultra colored but enough different colors it will be worth it. Plus my lighting should help all the colors stand out

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats awesome, I love picasso clowns and ricordea :P

Dream Tank...... :lol:

ricordia and zoos are my favorite! so many colors! and the picassos are the neatest looking clowns.

Same here! Lol

Yeah Picasso's are great, but I was to impatient to save up the money for a pair, so I just bought some False Perc's. Hehe. :lol:

They're cuties though. :P

ya in my last tank i had set up i had 4 false percs that all got along and did very well togther. I really like the onyx percs too, but for some reason i think i am just going to go with the picassos. I think for the other fish, i want to get mostly just expensive colorful fish. That way it takes me a little bit to save up for /track down the fish. I have a tendancy to buy too many fish not enough corals. I also wouldn't mind a small school 3 or 5 anthias

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a guy's live stock that got out of the hobby. I picked up 30 corals, 9 fish, and 2 nems. All for only 250.00, plus i bought some of his rock too.

Here is what i got.

Fish:

Coral Beauty

Fox Face

Scopas Tang

Hippo Tang

Royal Gramma

6- line Wrasse

Yellow headed Sleeper Goby

and a pair of Maroon Clowns

Inverts:

Red Rose tip Nem 9-10"

Green Tip Nem 6-7"

Corals:

3 types of candy canes about 50 heads in all

6 types of zoos with well over 200 polyps

lots of Xenia

3 different types of Favia

5 types of shrooms

green hammer

white cloves

toadstool

devils hand

blue blastos

galaxy coral

3 kenya trees

and a 7" christmas tree rock

PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS PICS

pics158.jpg

pics160.jpg

pics161.jpg

pics162.jpg

pics163.jpg

pics164.jpg

pics165.jpg

pics166.jpg

pics167.jpg

pics168.jpg

pics169.jpg

pics170.jpg

pics171.jpg

pics172.jpg

ENJOY COMMENT ENJOY COMMENT ENJOY COMMENT

actually this tank came from a smaller tank. I just transferred my rock, sand and water to this tank. UPGRADED! I went through a small cycle but no nothing major.

Ocho Cinco
actually this tank came from a smaller tank. I just transferred my rock, sand and water to this tank. UPGRADED! I went through a small cycle but no nothing major.

Oh ok. that makes more cense.

Ok.....now for my sump....as of right now i have a 55g tank and a 15g tall I have a couple options. My 55g tank will fit into the stand and will hang out the back just a bit, but i can brace it. I can put my return pump all the way in the back(less distance for plumbing. I can put the drain towards the front, along with the skimmer, and a nice refugium in the center. Will have a good amount of room in the stand for misc other equipment

still looks like its going though a cycle with the diatoms but over all i would say it looks good... what lighting do you have on there?

ya the tank began a small cycle when i added the new lights a couple days ago. My new lights are 440Watts of VHO 2 super actinic and 2 actinic daylight. Powered by a URI ballast made by Ice Cap and 2 10k 175W of Metal halide for a total of 790 Watts

thats some serious light you got on there... your tank looks like its been set up for a while with all the coral in there already... cant wait for it to grow in alittle more

got a quick confession.....i kinda upgraded this tank with Tap water......how much damage can i do to this tank with tap water? I have no problem switching to R/O water for my weekly 5 gallon water changes....if someone can let me know either way.

thats some serious light you got on there... your tank looks like its been set up for a while with all the coral in there already... cant wait for it to grow in alittle more

ya my lighting will be very intense for this reef. Does anyone know how to power 2 bulbs at a time on a URI ballast like the one i have. Its identical to the IceCap 660

anyone? anyone? I guess i can just put individualy switches on each wire and just flip them, but that will get annoying

uhhh tap water is hit or miss... did you at least let it sit for a day to let the chlorine get out of it? you can get a full water report from your local water company just by asking...

EDIT: you also have some pretty messy creatures in that tank... fish and nems can really foul the water up... you may want to do larger water changes... but with a tank this big i would say get your self a RODI unit... the mighty might seems like a good one and you can set it up to fill a resivor with a float switch, so you always ahve some on hand

ya actually it sat for almost two weeks. I put in a torch coral, some zoos, and a toadstool about a week or so before i added all the new livestock and they did just fine and opened up pretty quickly.

I have decided just to be safe i will go ahead and do 8g water changes, and begin to use R/O water for now on. With this much livestock don't want to take any chances.

Also....i am using a AquaC EV120 Skimmer with a mag5 and it kicks some major tail, so supporting my heavy biolaod should not be a problem. This skimmer pulls out some major sludge, and does even better if cleaned daily or every other day.

does anyone run a UV on their softy reef? My tank water has a yellow tint to it when i do water changes in my white buckets. I am skimming pretty heavy, and pulling about a cup a day so far since i hooked my skimmer back up 2 days ago. I haven't even fed my RBTA yet since getting him a few days ago. The guy i got my livestock from had crystal clear water compared to mine.

Reef Aquatics

You used tap water?...Your tap water is most likely loaded with heavy metals,

phosphates,silicate...The worst things for a reef tank.

I would do atleast 15 gal water changes with RO water,every week..

You should also run a bag of chemi pure to rid of the phosphates and silicate..

Why does your canopy have so much light blow out? It seems like if you could fix that it would be better as the tank would look brighter

It's looking sweet!!! Nice Hippo!

Hey thanks for looking. had a small cycle begin after putting in all the new livestock in, but so far so good. Corals are opening, and nems look good.

I will begin to do that immediatly.

Would carbon help at all with this?

Also would carbon help clear my water up? my water has a yellow tint to it, and i had heard something about carbon helping with cloudy water.

You used tap water?...Your tap water is most likely loaded with heavy metals,

phosphates,silicate...The worst things for a reef tank.

I would do atleast 15 gal water changes with RO water,every week..

You should also run a bag of chemi pure to rid of the phosphates and silicate..

Why does your canopy have so much light blow out? It seems like if you could fix that it would be better as the tank would look brighter

actually at the time i am using 4 48" URI bulbs- 3 super actinic and 1 actinic daylight. My tank is only 36" so the bulbs are actually sticking out the back about a foot at the time. I will soon purchase 36" and 20k halides, since i bought the lights used, i cannot complain, so i improvised.

Reef Aquatics

Dont just use carbon...use Chemi Pure...it has ferric oxide in it and will

rid of your phosphates and silicate...plus it will help greatly with clearing

your water up. Plus do atleast a 15 gal water change with RO water...

Those two things should help greatly...

By the way..great find for $20...cant ever go wrong with Oceanic...I never

seen that size tank before. Mine is 25 x 25 x 18...

Archived