inTank Media Baskets

AirAngel's 3.6g Piece of the Reef

airangel

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted the color but so far the lil buggers been hiding. The only thing moving is the coral and hermits. Snails are the slowest things in creation. Hoping in time the yellow guy will get more adventuresome, the one in the AP is out in the open.

• 1 month later...

The tank is looking awesome Ellen.

Thanks for the inspiration, I'm thinking about taking my 5gal that I've been using as a topoff water holder, and doing something with it. Why oh why do you make me do things like this?! :P

sigh, always my fault. LOL.

The emerald crab bit the dust and never touched the GHA or bubble algae.

I removed all the GHA, tweezers worked wonders.

YCG bit the dust too. Had white spots (ich??) on him (did hyposalinity) but think the Emerald brought in some nasty cooties. No clue.

Also the Astra snail which was never a big mover and shaker moved on to the hereafter.

The turbo is making up for the other snails demise.

The 3 hermits are now very well fed.

I've added (but can't see) some bristleworms and more asterinas (thanks to the forum)

I've been busy with the FW tanks (adding more, sigh, I need to join FA ...fishaholics anonymous) so thats why no new updates.

MINI UPDATE: Got package of Rods (no clue which one at this point, just spendy) and a bottle of DT's. Tomorrow will do mini water change on the Pico and offer some DTs to the coral.

Drog...

Thanks. The sand is fantastic. A b**** to wash at the get go but stuff just pops off the sandbed with it. I wish my AP24 had it.

Its like fine sugar but never gets that dirty look that the white sandbeds get.

Nice tank air!

I really love the black sand also. Makes everything and the goby stand out.

Hey G...

thanks, the sand is great, horrid to wash but I love how everything pops next to it. I do need to replace the YCG, I do miss the lil bugger.

• 4 weeks later...

Air,

So how is the tank doing? I am finally back on the forum and I am super glad to see you still working on your pico. Check out my thread for updates on mine and I look forward to seeing some updates on yours. LOL

Sarah

Archived