Pod Your Reef

HOB refugiums from E-bay

MrKrispy

I can't get an elbow in there that fits the bulkhead or whatever. The baffle and fuge wall won't allow me to screw it in. I don't want to tear down the fuge and try to get the bulk head out and then destroy the fuge. Damn. Why put threads on the inside of the fuge? Weird. Maybe a threaded connector that is a collar type.... hmmm....

I see that you have your PH in the fuge... What are the benefits of this as opposed to pumping water with a PH in the tank? or in other words why shouldn't I pump from the tank to the fuge?

I have a lettuce nudi and didn't want it getting its guts pulled out. Plus, that is just one less thing in the tank and more room for rocks or what have you. FINALLY, even though I have binder clips to keep things from falling when the suction cups fail (and they will) I don't have to risk having a sandstorm when the pump falls in to the sand.

Hey Krispy,

About the elbow on the output....i had the same problem. here's a very simple solution, saw off part of the elbow (not the threaded side) just enough to alow you to rotate the elbow into the outlet....

The other possible problem you might face with this is that when the elbow is fully threaded in, it might not be facing down. All you need to do then is loosen it and point the elbow to the bottom. It doesn't need to be tightly skrewed into the output of the bulkhead.

Trust me tho....that got rid of all the bubbles from the output...well, hope that helps

Well i finally got my refugium and i decided to eliminate all my powerheads and go with a spray bar. Let me know what you guys think. By the way i like my refug from ebay!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived