Pod Your Reef

Blue Spotted Jawfish

DCG1286

Sweet, and i just figured out how to load my pictures through my printer AWESOME!!!!

So now i will be loading pictures of my tank and the pictures of my new little addition!

-DCG

No quarantine? :unsure:

My tiger jaw did very well without preconstructed burrows. He did love to steal the hermits and build with them, as well as pick off any loose zoa/xenia frags and "garden" with them. Give the BSJ all the rubble possible and have a blast watching him do construction.

In my 12 years of Reef keeping, we never had a QT tank...I don't know whether that was good or bad...Maybe i just got lucky???

I have him floating in a specimen holder at the top, and just fed him a little brine shrimp...and he is chowing down!!!!! YAY! :D

-DCG

Well Mr. Money Bags is building his new home on the opposite side of where i set up his home....hahaha, gotta love nature! He is so cute, and has such personality!!!!!!

He is digging his new home as we speak! :)

-DCG

Your blue spot is looking great! Make sure you have a nice tight lid. They are notorious jumpers! Also make sure you provide them with all sizes of LR rubble, the more the better. I've laughed at mine watching him move the rubble and being picky about where he places it. Then he picks up a hermit crab, places it in place and then watch the "rubble" get legs and move off! Enjoy him, they can be addictive!

Your blue spot is looking great! Make sure you have a nice tight lid. They are notorious jumpers! Also make sure you provide them with all sizes of LR rubble, the more the better. I've laughed at mine watching him move the rubble and being picky about where he places it. Then he picks up a hermit crab, places it in place and then watch the "rubble" get legs and move off! Enjoy him, they can be addictive!

Thank you very much!!! I customized my lid so that there are no opening for him to jump from...It was very cute, I made his home from the PVC piping this morning...had it all set up for him...I put him into the tank...he took one look at it...and went flying to the corner of the tank where he made his home! :) It was adorable watching him all day...taking the "rubble" with legs and placing it very carefully where he wanted then to get pissed off as it walks away! They are quite addictive...a great addition to the aquarium, he and my Scooter Dragonet really get along...it's the only fish the BSJ allows near his burrow. Had the G/F pick up some extra rubble this afternoon, she also surprised me with a Pulsating Xenia :D.

BSJ is one of the nicest fish I have ever had, such personality!!!!!!!...i will never know why i didn't keep one along time ago.

-DCG

• 2 weeks later...

Jawfish...are way too much fun! My little guy is a thief...i had a little green polyp frag on a rock...GONE! The little one stole it!!!! hahahahaha!

He is hysterical once the lights go out...He refuses to go to bed...until i have have left the area...he stays out and waits for me to feed him or something, going up to the top of the tank...giving me a pathetic look (although his belly is growing :D quite a bit)...it is just too funny to watch...the second i leave he goes into his hole!

-DCG

Archived