JLTRUK

alrighty, here are some pics...

about 10lbs live Tonga Rock

20lbs live sand

50watt heater behind the wall inside the wet/dry

2 "test pilots"

1 Sally light foot

1 little hermit crab

Now my brother got hooked and he bought one today as well, my little "test pilots" will help cycle his tank also.

Possibly next week I'll get a clown and somethin else...we'll see

Set up was last Saturday so its been running now 6 days and doin great

Put in Catalina water purified...49 cents a gallon and some Bacter-Vital to help it cycle.

Whats under the hood:

fb732633.jpg

My little tropical theme...

fb73263e.jpg

fb732649.jpg

fb73265a.jpg

got it at a LFS for 99.99

here are the specs

The newest addition to the JBJ Aqua-Collection of aquarium products!

This self contained Nano Cube, offers the easiest solution for the hobbyist that demands high-tech performance in a miniature environment. This elegant nano offers panoramic viewing with smooth rounded glass corners with the necessary filtration , lighting , and circulation for a thriving mini-biotope.

Advanced Features

12 Gallon glass Nano

Panoramic viewing with smooth rounded corners. This Nano offers the ideal dimensions for mini-reef and planted aquariums that require depth for rock stacking and planting.

Built-In Wet Dry Filtration

This discreet filter system is hidden and provides maximum space for tank inhabitants.

Mechanical- Sponge filter traps detritus and free floating particulate matter

Chemical- Activated carbon bag removes dissolved organics and odor

Biological-Ceramic rings & Bio-balls provide the ideal environment for beneficial bacteria

Submersible Pump- Includes a 106 GPH pump for water circulation

JBJ Compact Fluorescent Bulb Lighting

24 Watt JBJ lamp included

Offered with our powerful 50/50 lamp for marine tanks

Installed with a splashguard for bulb and ballast protection.

Provides 3x the performance of traditional fluorescent bulbs.

Electronic Ballast

Energy Saving Ballast allows for "flicker free" starts and dependable long term performance.

Provides maximum light output with the least amount of heat production while being very energy efficient.

Flip Top Canopy

Heavy duty ABS canopy can be flipped back and held in place for easy access for tank cleaning and feeding. This unit has been especially designed for extra heat output with 4 vents for cooler operation.

CE Approved

Manufactured with quality components for trouble free performance.

Specifications:

15.8"L x 13.8"W x 14.8"H

Capacity: 12 gallons

Power: 24 Watt lamp

Flow: 106 GPH 11w power consumption

Voltage:110V

Freq:60Hz

*a little cut and paste action*;)

hey where in cali do you live i live in southern cali in covina. i jsut got that tank also. your aqua scaping is alot better than mine!

I've had a little practice...;)

When I do the aquascaping I try to lay some little pieces down first to form a base all around, then I lay the big ones on top.

On the floor I draw a square with some paper the size of the tank and I play with the pieces around till it looks cool. It easier than tossing them in and moving them in the tank. Then once you do that take off the top pieces, lay all the base pieces down in the tank and place the top ones back on

I'm in Torrance...your about an hour and a half from me. My mom has family in Covina.

Fish World

310-630-0707

18750 Crenshaw Blvd Torrance CA 90504

They are a brand new store, they have been open for only a few months. The people there are super nice, they have really good prices and are like a minute from my work so...I am loving it

Its a Salt Water exclusive store also...which kinda sucks for me a little since my first love is my Cichlid tank. But I have a hook up with local breeders for all my freshwater needs.

But little by little I am beginning to love salt again. I swore off salt water tanks after I graduated highschool...but the Nano sucked me back in

yah man, check that place out. I got 20lbs of live sand for 20 bucks from them also...

they are sweet

They have some reef sharks for 1500 each in a huge tank...it was sweet!

24 w is only enough for mushrooms and that is about it. It might seem bright but 2w per gal is very low light. I don't care what kind of reflecter you have.

Sltwtr4lfe

I would love to see a pic of your tank.

Bob

Here is one on mine 2x32w retrofit and that is still NOT enough for most corals in a 12 gal tank.

Hey guys... I just brought home the JBJ "Nano Cube" (nice looking tank)-- minus any setup instructions (which arent avail. online either)... I've never used a wet/dry system and it has me scratching my head X)

Eventually I'll get rid of it-- but can any of you give me some insight?? Thanks!

You got the JBJ Nano Cube...just put in the water and plug it in...Its already set up...

eventually you'll get rid of what?? the wet dry, why?

i'm thinking of converting the w/d into a fuge... where did you place your pump??? looks like someone either dug through the tank or it went through some hardcore shipping (balls everywhere!) :blush:

the back should be set up like this

slot one directly to the left...2 big sponges

slot 2...ceramics

slot 3...carbon

slot 4...pump and directly on top the bio balls float

HTH:)

Archived